• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling The Forgotten Server latest source code - Last Update: 02/12/2010

Delirium

OTLand veteran
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello there. I have seen many newb people that can't compile The Forgotten Server's source files. Here I will teach you how to compile the source code.

Do not forget to give me reputation points after you read it =)

Credits:
Delirium (For writing the tutorial, main core and the images)
Talaturen (Old Linux part of this tutorial & old The Forgotten Dev-C++)
Elf (First Linux compiling tutorial)
Jonern (Mentioned some errors in the tutorial)
stian (Second Linux compiling tutorial and current Dev-C++)

Windows:

First Step:

Download TheForgottenServer's source code from here:

For 0.3.6pl1:
Code:
http://otland.net/subversion.php?svn=public&file=dl.php&repname=forgottenserver&path=%2Ftags%2F0.3.6pl1%2F&rev=83&peg=83&isdir=1
For 0.2.7:
Code:
http://otland.net/subversion.php?svn=public&file=dl.php&repname=forgottenserver&path=%2Ftags%2F0.2.7%2F&rev=83&peg=83&isdir=1

Save the file on your desktop and extract it there. You should have a new folder with the source code of your preference on your desktop (or at least wherever you extracted the contents of the tar.gz file).

You should have these files (or one of this, depending on which version you want):

127383704584.png

If you want alternative methods on how you can download the source code, check below.

Second Step:

Download this Dev C++ from here: Stian's Dev-cpp repack 0.2 (with crypto++ and 64bit) !

This Dev C++ includes Lua 5.1, Boost and many other libraries that might be essential for you.

Extract it in C:\

Third Step:

Open up your Dev-Cpp. The first time you open it, a dialogue box will open up and ask you for some of your preferences, pick whatever you wish and go ahead with the real program. When you have the main Dev-Cpp window open, do this:

127383701308.png

Then redirect to your source code folder and open a folder called "dev-cpp" which is located inside it. Then do the following:

127383709333.png

Note: If your Dev-Cpp starts lagging now then it's because it is parsing these files. You can see the progress at the bottom, on the status bar.

If you want the Console Version instead of the GUI, hit Alt + P, click on "Parameters" on the top of the window and add this too in the C++ Compiler Parameters:
Code:
-D__CONSOLE__
Then click "OK"

It should look like this:

127383753303.png

Fourth Step:

When you're done with every step above, your Dev-C++ should look like this:

127383801333.png

Now hit Ctrl + F9 in order to start the compiling process.

If everything goes fine, the progress window should look like this after some time:

127383809664.png

Now, go to your source code folder and open the "dev-cpp" folder and check its contents, you should find this:

127383815169.png

You're done!

Linux Debian & Ubuntu:

http://otland.net/f137/linux-ultimate-compile-guide-debian-ubuntu-included-2868/

Credits to elf for this tutorial.

------

http://otland.net/754561-post213.html

Credits to stian for this tutorial.

Source download method:

Method 1:

Step 1:

Enter this page on your browser:

For 0.3.6pl1:
Code:
http://otland.net/subversion.php?svn=public&file=dl.php&repname=forgottenserver&path=%2Ftags%2F0.3.6pl1%2F&rev=83&peg=83&isdir=1
For 0.2.7:
Code:
http://otland.net/subversion.php?svn=public&file=dl.php&repname=forgottenserver&path=%2Ftags%2F0.2.7%2F&rev=83&peg=83&isdir=1

Step 2:

Downloading will start automatically. Just wait till it is done.

Additional Information:

-
For this tutorial I spent more than 4 hours for pictures, material, download links, writing fast-source-download methods and organizing the tutorial. If you have any problem, do not hesitate to PM me or post in this thread and me or someone else will help you ASAP. However, you should understand that I might be busy and I might not reply immediately. The best thing you could do if so, is to just be patient or PMing me the link of your post in case people post more things and thus making your post "disappear". Alternatively, you can add my email address for live assistance: [email protected] - Note: If you ask me for downloads and other things without searching, I will just block you.

This is it! I hope it helped you. If it did so, please give me reputation points by clicking the button which shows two people. It's located below the "Reputation" field, of my profile :D

Last edited:
RE: How to compile The Forgotten Server latest sources

good, thanks for making this tutorial ^^

Is good it works for me

Thanks , good that you included libraries

do i have to download every file from the repository into a folder

1 by 1 or am i missing a quicker method.

Yes,you're missing a fast method.

A Tutorial how to download the sources at once:

1)Download tortoiseSVN from Here
2)After downloading, installing it. (might not be supported from your CPU so use the other version that is uploaded there.)If it asks you for restart click no.
3)Create a folder on the desktop called forgotten Sources.Right click it and select SVN checkout
4)Where it says URL of Rapository write:
Code:
http://forgottenserver.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/forgottenserver
Tick omit externals and press ok.
5)Now you have all forgotten sources in the file Forgotten Sources ;)

Great tutorial! I've done it without any errors, really useful.
Thanks a lot.

:cool:

i'm always noob with compile. Meybe this help

Tkx, now i can compile forgotten ;D

Thank you dude !

This will really help ppls out

I can't download the sources =/

Thx alot bro, i was looking for this for about 2 days. Anyways any one has the Forgotten server picture?

@edit
I did every think you said ;s

Code:
../database.h: In member function `virtual bool DatabaseMySQL::storeQuery(DBQuery&, DBResult&)':
../database.h:133: error: `void DBResult::clear()' is private

../databasemysql.cpp:153: error: within this context

../database.h:136: error: `void DBResult::setFieldName(const std::string&, unsigned int)' is private
../databasemysql.cpp:159: error: within this context

../databasemysql.cpp:168: error: 'class DBResult' has no member named 'addRow'

make.exe: *** [../databasemysql.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Back