• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling The Forgotten Server latest source code - Last Update: 02/12/2010

How do we add largeadress to tfs compilation and also where do we define the version we want for the clients 8.52 or 8.53

I'll check it and edit the tutorial with this little modification.

errorxs.png

Hmm?

Sup, does anyone know how to use the in the lattest SVN the forgottenserver.map file? (3108+) I can compile ok, but when I place everything were it belongs and double click on my .exe nothing happens, no error, nothing... elf said I was missing the forgottenserver.map then after that I got it and placed it in the same folder as my .exe, but nothing happend, no error nothing... so can someone teach me how to use this to make the lattest compilations .exe's work?:confused:

Note: Im using the lattest DeV also and SVN version 3108 compile in GUI

EDIT: Never mind, they told me already that GUI is disabled from this revs.

Last edited:
everytime i try to compile, no matter how different I go, it always create a file named <projectname>.exe.MANIFEST, what tha hell is this '.manifest' ? it causes my exe to dont work =/

I have looked in alot of pages in this topic, and no one seens to have this bug, is this just me or someone else too?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm trying to compile

I don't have any error, but when i search for the file .exe i can't find it..

There is only files:
Makefile.win
My Project Name.dev
My Project Name.exe.Manifest
My Project Name (Icon)
My Project Name.layout
My_Project_Name_private.h
My_Project_Name_private.rc

What can i do?

Try method 3.

Sup, does anyone know how to use the in the lattest SVN the forgottenserver.map file? (3108+) I can compile ok, but when I place everything were it belongs and double click on my .exe nothing happens, no error, nothing... elf said I was missing the forgottenserver.map then after that I got it and placed it in the same folder as my .exe, but nothing happend, no error nothing... so can someone teach me how to use this to make the lattest compilations .exe's work?:confused:

Note: Im using the lattest DeV also and SVN version 3108 compile in GUI

EDIT: Never mind, they told me already that GUI is disabled from this revs.

Compile without the map. The map is for exception tracing if I recall correctly.

everytime i try to compile, no matter how different I go, it always create a file named <projectname>.exe.MANIFEST, what tha hell is this '.manifest' ? it causes my exe to dont work =/

I have looked in alot of pages in this topic, and no one seens to have this bug, is this just me or someone else too?

Thanks.

I'm trying to compile

I don't have any error, but when i search for the file .exe i can't find it..

There is only files:

What can i do?

Did you guys follow my tutotial step by step?

Help me with this
[Resource error] can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory
C:\Users\Eduardo\Documents\OT\TheForgottenServer-Source\project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [The_Forgotten_Server_private.res] Error 1

This is the error:

51662146.jpg

Can someone help me please?

I used this
Linkers:
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lboost_regex
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s
-lboost_filesystem

C++:
-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__

PD: I cahnged the .ico and it didnt throw one error, but the others are errors too :S

compiling problem

hi .. i followed the tutorial .. and this erros showed up :

[Linker error] undefined reference to `mysql_options@12'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `mysql_get_client_version@0'

this is 2 of the erros .. but all of them is about this references to mysql...

Anyone can help ?

Code:
Newots_private.rc:0: fatal error: when writing output to : Broken pipe
compilation terminated.

windres.exe: can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory
windres.exe: preprocessing failed.

make.exe: *** [Newots_private.res] Error 1

Wykonanie zakończone

Fail? :/

i trying to compile tfs 0.3.5pl1
I got TheForgottenServer.ico in source folder and dev-cpp in source

I try to repair this and i still have :

Code:
Kompilator: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\wojtron\Pulpit\source\0.3.5pl1\engine\Makefile.win"
Wykonywanie  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\wojtron\Pulpit\source\0.3.5pl1\engine\Makefile.win" all
windres.exe -i Newots_private.rc --input-format=rc -o Newots_private.res -O coff 

Newots_private.rc:0: fatal error: when writing output to : Invalid argument
compilation terminated.

windres.exe: can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory

Wykonanie zakończone

Last edited:
hi .. i followed the tutorial .. and this erros showed up :

[Linker error] undefined reference to `mysql_options@12'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `mysql_get_client_version@0'

this is 2 of the erros .. but all of them is about this references to mysql...

Anyone can help ?

Get the latest dev-cpp and try again.

Code:
Newots_private.rc:0: fatal error: when writing output to : Broken pipe
compilation terminated.

Wykonanie zakończone

Fail? :/

i trying to compile tfs 0.3.5pl1
I got TheForgottenServer.ico in source folder and dev-cpp in source

I try to repair this and i still have :

Code:
Kompilator: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\wojtron\Pulpit\source\0.3.5pl1\engine\Makefile.win"
Wykonywanie  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\wojtron\Pulpit\source\0.3.5pl1\engine\Makefile.win" all
windres.exe -i Newots_private.rc --input-format=rc -o Newots_private.res -O coff 

Newots_private.rc:0: fatal error: when writing output to : Invalid argument
compilation terminated.

Wykonanie zakończone

Are you sure about that?

Will soon write the tutorial again and it will be hell easy ;)

~Thread closed till I update it~

Update
Will let it open I think in case anyone needs help xd

Last edited:
Error :<
[resource error] can't open icon file `theforgottenserver.ico': No such file or directory c:\users\adrian\desktop\theforgottenserver-source\project\makefile.win [build error] [magnum_private.res] error 1

Yo can someone help me out? Im new to compiling sources (I'm trying to compile 0.2.5) and I followed this tutorial 100% and I get an error saying this:
33uyedd.jpg

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Back