• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Complaint/Suggestion] - Moderators Approving Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of servers and maps that have been tracked and released here and I don't really think it's good to let these types of things remain in the forum. A lot of you who may read this probably feel that it's just like releasing anything yourself, but it's actually not. If someone were to hack or track the best server on "otservlist.org" and release their map/files here on otland, it would completely ruin the person who owns it, financially and personally, for all the hard work and time put into it. Maybe there should be a new rule. If you are posting your so called "projects or maps" the moderators should be able to decide whether it's really the posters project and not some stolen ones.

For example:
Some of the threads contain descriptions such as "This map is tracked and stolen from blah and it's the best out there!"
Seriously?... Why would you approve such a thread?

This is just my point of view. Please do not post if you don't care.

I agree as well. Threads where the poster is claiming to have stolen a map/distro or whatever should be deleted.

People will just stop saying that they stole it. It's not that simple to get rid of it.

People will just stop saying that they stole it. It's not that simple to get rid of it.

A person with one post, just created on this forum releases something and never logs on again. You're right, it isn't easy to really prove it, but sometimes like my example, it's obvious.

It would be alot better for the authors, but it's hard to oversee and there will be many investigations if it's stolen or not. The obvious threads should be taken care ofcourse.

It's also that the authors should do more about securing their hard work if they care about it. Meaning that they shouldn't give things to somebody who can easily scam them and download everything they see which can be harmful for your computer.

I don't even think there are 'obvious threads'. After all how are you going to genuinly trace the map's/server's origin? The idea itself ain't bad, but it's undoable and in the end we would have to decide by our own judgement without any solid proofs.

In my opinion - loss of time + blame those who made map trackers and released them to public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back