• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complete Noob Please Help Basic Questions

Awpolo

Reaction score
I am attempting to run an 8.6 Server
I use xammp
I have windows 32bit

What version of TFS do i need for an 8.6 server?
What version of RME Map Editor do i need?

Please help me.

I am attempting to run an 8.6 Server
I use xammp
I have windows 32bit

What version of TFS do i need for an 8.6 server?
What version of RME Map Editor do i need?

Please help me.

Version 3777 is good.

Remeres you can use the latest version.

thanks so much dudes do you know where i can find that for TFS, i got remeres but cant load a map it says cant locate tibia.dat , i saw people were having problems with this i tried what they said and its still happening, im sorry if im a nuisance dudes just really hate quitting but super stressed after 5 days of this with no result just constantly starting over or dead ends on tutorials and old outdated links,
So in a nut shell do you know where i can get a complete version of TFS for 8.6 that i dont have to complile i tried that and it didnt work..

Hey man, no worries at all we we're all new at one point - some of us are till noobs ;) (like myself) for the .dat issue, did you locate the tibia folder like it said? I have all my tibia clients simply in a folder on my desktop. Example download tibia 8.6 from @HalfAway s website www.************ then drag the entire 8.6 tibia folder to the desktop, then when it says select folder click on the folder but don’t go inside it and hit Okay, or Select. And it will find the .dat and .spr inside there.

One thing youll find is there are a lot of different versions of tfs. This can make it very difficult for a beginner as they feel like nothing works, most things do but only with certain versions however most don’t need very big changes to make them work for your tfs.

If you any other questions ill try to answer them here if I see them :)

thank you so much both of you! going to try the distro now and the link you provided sir knighter, will let you know how this goes, yes i did navigate to the 8.6 file but says same thing so maybe the map i have isnt 8.6 idk

so just tried that link for TFS and i had that one already and there is no exe, database file and only sql is schema

still no luck with map editor i downloaed the link you guys just gave me for TFS downloaded new tibia from halfaway tried to open that map, navigated to new 8.6 folder still same error "Couldnt load tibia.dat: Unknown .dat format version."

still no luck with map editor i downloaed the link you guys just gave me for TFS downloaded new tibia from halfaway tried to open that map, navigated to new 8.6 folder still same error "Couldnt load tibia.dat: Unknown .dat format version."
If the files from http://************ don't work, You can also try to download the client 8.60 from here: http://otservlist.org/download
The old RME 2.2 did always work from me from there.

recieving this error while opening TFS trying to compile for windows 32 bit

Project 'theforgottenserver' could not be loaded because it's missing install components. To fix this launch Visual Studio setup with the following selections:
Install Visual C++ 2015 Tools for Windows Desktop

C:\Users\Nick\Desktop\forgottenserver-master\vc12\theforgottenserver.vcxproj : error : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041FE2

Project 'theforgottenserver' could not be loaded because it's missing install components. To fix this launch Visual Studio setup with the following selections:
Install Visual C++ 2015 Tools for Windows Desktop
That's your answer, and this is topic for another thread.

Yeah I know to download that, I've been looking for it and have no file called visual c++ tools, thanks for the response

Back