• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Computer engineer looking for a relaxed job in a well-established project

amatria

Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
amatria
Hey,

As the title says, I am looking for a relaxed job in a well-established and serious project/server. I am not super interested in money. Though, donations from time to time would be appreciated :p. I just want to do some interesting OpenTibia programming in my free time.

I've been a member of the OpenTibia community since 2013~. I first started contributing on BlackTibia, but I quickly switched to OTLand (my former and cringeworthy account is Frikx). I did some paid programming back in 2017 and 2018 (I even got scammed by Budex himself). It was mostly Lua stuff, but I can do anything TFS related now, from source editing to optimizing.

My professional curriculum vitae is available online at amatria.dev. However, you won't find any valuable information there.

Leave your offers below. Briefly describe your project and, if I find it interesting enough, I'll PM you here in OTLand.

Cheers.

Last edited:
very good initiate @amatria , unfortunately I've quit my server about a year and half ago otherwise it would be a nice partnership.
PS: Did you ever though about joining to the staff of open source projects such as tfs or otservbr? those projects are used by everyone else and all of them have quite more issues open than people to help. The impact would be greater

Last edited:
Did you ever though about joining to the staff of open source projects such as tfs or otservbr?
I already contribute to the TFS official repository. It is very rewarding. It makes you feel like you are giving back to the community. However, code reviews move slow there [1], and so I still have some spare time to do more OpenTibia programming :p.

===
[1] No hate intended.

I don't mean to be rude, but I have searched your contribution to tfs and you only got 2 commits.
The code review/testing is slower in TFS than it is in openservbr, for example, mostly because there isn't too much people for code review/test as TFS team is very toxic and pushes away anyone interested in contributing. You don't need to stop there.

If you have free time for "OPEN tibia" why you don't try to put your skills in good use in other bases? What about forking and trying to optimize using latest technologies/algorithms?

What kind of servers interests u? Im creating dragon ball server izometric sprites all custom made from scratch. Got few major system already done.

I don't mean to be rude, but I have searched your contribution to tfs and you only got 2 commits.
So... What is your point here? I don't get it. Is it that the number of commits to the TFS repository is a good estimate of both dedication and impact on the OpenTibia community? If that is the case, let me tell you: you are completely wrong. I won't elaborate.

"I don't mean to be rude, but [...]". Spoiler: you were rude. You made me feel like I have to justify myself, but I won't. Have you considered the possibility that I may only take one issue at a time? Moreover, have you even checked when were the PRs for those two commits opened and closed?

why you don't try to put your skills in good use in other bases? What about forking and trying to optimize using latest technologies/algorithms?
What makes you think I am not "putting my skills in good use"? Two commits in the official TFS repository, huh?

Last edited:
The code review/testing is slower in TFS than it is in openservbr, for example, mostly because there isn't too much people for code review/test as TFS team is very toxic and pushes away anyone interested in contributing. You don't need to stop there.

If you have free time for "OPEN tibia" why you don't try to put your skills in good use in other bases? What about forking and trying to optimize using latest technologies/algorithms?
Otservbr is more than superior. I think tfs should learn a lot from this better project, with better code, better developers and obviously less toxic.

Hey,

As the title says, I am looking for a relaxed job in a well-established and serious project/server. I am not super interested in money. Though, donations from time to time would be appreciated :p. I just want to do some interesting OpenTibia programming in my free time.

I've been a member of the OpenTibia community since 2013~. I first started contributing on BlackTibia, but I quickly switched to OTLand (my former and cringeworthy account is Frikx). I did some paid programming back in 2017 and 2018 (I even got scammed by Budex himself). It was mostly Lua stuff, but I can do anything TFS related now, from source editing to optimizing.

My professional curriculum vitae is available online at amatria.dev. However, you won't find any valuable information there.

Leave your offers below. Briefly describe your project and, if I find it interesting enough, I'll PM you here in OTLand.

Cheers.

Hi!

I have some questions.
  • Have you ever worked with OTClient?
  • What languages do you know to work with?
  • What is your best language? Like Lua, C++ or else.

I work with a partner in a project called Kingdom Age Online.
Our Website is Kingdom Age Online (https://kingdomageonline.com/)

Do you have a Discord account?
Would be awesome to talk about the project and to we know each other, instead of sending you a boring list of features of the project.
Of course, it would be a talk without any commitment. Just a friendly talking.
I can share my Discord ID, but it probably won't work for you: 💎╲⎝⧹River⧸⎠╱💎#4855
So, send me your Discord ID through PM.

I appreciate your attention.

Regards.

Hey,

Cheers.
I think what you say is very nice, I hope you are lucky and find something to do, it shows that you really want to contribute and create magnificent things <3

Otservbr is more than superior. I think tfs should learn a lot from this better project, with better code, better developers and obviously less toxic.
I loved the irony, I wonder when this community will grow up, stop attacking who is doing things and start to work together instead.

You claim that otbr is toxic but tfs staff is the one continuously attacking and diminishing any kind of effort from otbr side. Open tibia community is toxic in general and that kind of attitude is the real cancer.

Anyway, @amatria good initiative.
Nightwolf tried to say that there are ongoing projects that you could help. Summing up efforts can be considerably more productive than standalone initiatives. Mehah is doing an amazing work with otclient for example, and others.

It's not about saying x or y is better, but about highlighting initiatives that are trying to inovate and build things, versus projects that are focused in diminishing others efforts and narrow minded people that are never open to change and improvements.

I agree that commit history doesn't say shit. I've being helping a lot for 12+ years, even not having dozens of commits in my name.

Last edited:
A little update on my status: I have started to work on a project. For now, I am not free for further offers.

By the way, to all those people who blatantly spammed my inbox: please, read the post above. Morever, I am looking for a relaxed job in a well-established project: I will not do your project from scratch.

Cheers.

A little update on my status: I have started to work on a project. For now, I am not free for further offers.

By the way, to all those people who blatantly spammed my inbox: please, read the post above. Morever, I am looking for a relaxed job in a well-established project: I will not do your project from scratch.

Cheers.
welcome to otland lmao

Back