• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Computer help

Rewexx

Reaction score
Hello. I've got a question that I need you to answer.

In my home, there are about 6 computers. We are using one computer as a server computer that sends internet signals to every computer, but the server computer has to be on, to access internet on the other computers. When our internet first arrived for about a couple of years ago, (pretty many), it wasn't like that. The computer that had the modem in it could be offline, while the other computers could access the internet. After a while, I hired a guy that'd fix the main computer to a server computer so it had to be on all the time so the computers could access internet.

Now my question is: How do I fix this problem? I want to make sure the server computer (main) hasn't to be online and logged in while we can access internet from the other computers, the computers are in the same network ofcourse. I really need help with this. (Obs, I've got a router).

Swedish: (Translated from my friend)
Hejsan, jag har en fråga som jag verkligen behöver ett svar på.

I mitt hem finns det runt 6 datorer. Vi använder one dator som en server dator som skickar ut internet signaler till varenda dator, men server datorn måste vara igång och inloggad för att kunna få tillgång till internet på alla de andra datorerna i hemmet. När vi för första gången fick vårat internet (för några årsen), så var det inte som det var nu. Datorn som hade modemet i sig kunde vara avstängd medans alla andra datorer i hemmet kunde komma in på internet. Efter ett tag, så anlitade jag en snubbe för att fixa lite data grejer, och på samma gång där då fixade han detta, så att datorn (server datorn), måste vara igång innan man kan surfa på internet i alla andra datorer.

Nu lyder min fråga: Hur fixar man det här problemet? Jag vill vara säker på att servern datorn måste inte vara igång för att internet ska vara tillgänglig på alla de andra datorerna i hemmet, datorerna är i samma nätverk naturligtvis. Jag behöver verkligen hjälp med detta, observera att jag har en router.

I hope I'll get an answer very soon! rep++ to the guy who help me.

Since there aren't many people here who knows much about computers, I suggest you dont ask that too difficult questions here, so therefor, I will answer and resolve your internet problem.

Re configure your router and try to check if they are any options for your answer, I am sure you understand what I mean.

If you have a router with a lan port for every computer, you don't need to use the server pc to give them all Internet access. If you set up the router properly it shouldn't be a problem.

@Nikke: There is people here who know quite a bit about PCs, but it's not often this board is used so it's not noticed that easily :p

Back