• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

-Computer help-

Saj

Remember my name
Reaction score
Here is the deal, I bought a computer 2gb ram 2,6 ghz. I hosted a ot server for like 1 year and after that the computer crashed once. I fixed it and now it's the same problem but I cannot formate it or something..

So my question is:

What do you think the problem is? And how could I solve it?

What happens when I try to formate it: It is just loading sometimes and nothing happens, sometimes it says that the "hard drive" cannot be found.

Is there any chance that I could take the RAM-card and put it to my another computer that has 3.6 ghz? Please answer all those question if you can. thanks.

Of course you can take out your RAM. I took 2gb RAM from my new computer, to my old computer... :p

It's easier to take RAM from laptops...

Well, the problem is, I have NOOOO idea how to do that and I'm scared that I screw something up:(

Well, the problem is, I have NOOOO idea how to do that and I'm scared that I screw something up:(

You need to check if the ram is compatible with your other computer.

Here is the deal, I bought a computer 2gb ram 2,6 ghz. I hosted a ot server for like 1 year and after that the computer crashed once. I fixed it and now it's the same problem but I cannot formate it or something..

So my question is:

What happens when I try to formate it: It is just loading sometimes and nothing happens, sometimes it says that the "hard drive" cannot be found.

Is there any chance that I could take the RAM-card and put it to my another computer that has 3.6 ghz? Please answer all those question if you can. thanks.

The problem I reckon is: you need to disable SATA in your BIOS in order to make a new installation.
Try to look it up on your own, it's hard to know your BIOS offhand.

Okay first of all. Mixing different ram with different brands and speeds is never recommended, it can cause weird errors.
Also take note that if the ram you put in, runs on a lower speed than the ram you got, then the computer will clock down the current ram, thus you will loose performance.

Secondly in regards to your harddrive, what OS are you trying to install?
If the disk is SATA and you are trying to install Windows XP or 2003, then it will not find the disk cause XP/2003 lacks native drivers for SATA, so either you have to edit the BIOS settings so that your SATA drive runs in IDE-mode (you will loose performance), or you find the appropriate drivers for SATA, put them on a diskette, and when XP/2003 installer is loading you select "Load additional SCSI-drivers" or whatever.

So my question is:

Not recommended to take the RAM-card and put it to ur other pc because it may make the other computer crash too. and the problem is probably that the ot you had, had viruses so slowly it ate ur entire data base, after u fixed it again, it started to eat it again and probably hacked into ur master-card and destroyed it. I would recommend to give that pc away or if possible, take some good working parts of it and sell it cheaper than in stores.

My opinion. If I helped please Rep++ me.

You,
~Axtrox

Not recommended to take the RAM-card and put it to ur other pc because it may make the other computer crash too. and the problem is probably that the ot you had, had viruses so slowly it ate ur entire data base, after u fixed it again, it started to eat it again and probably hacked into ur master-card and destroyed it. I would recommend to give that pc away or if possible, take some good working parts of it and sell it cheaper than in stores.

My opinion. If I helped please Rep++ me.

You,
~Axtrox

*quirks eyebrow* I fail to see how a "database-eating virus" can have anything to do with the server-computer crashing.
Also when it comes to software viruses, a format removes them, its as simple as that.

Also i dont know what you mean by "master-card" (Mastercard?), but if you mean the motherboard then no viruses in existence today can destroy it.

So giving away the computer would be completely pointless.
He might as well scavenge it for parts that he can use for his new comp.

Back