• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Computer | SSD-Disk Recording Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kociii

FTW = Fuck The What
Reaction score
What's up guys.. Im having a little problem with my SSD-Disk and the recording with Fraps on It. For the moment im trying to record Dead Island some episode and such .. But i can't and i don't know why..

When ever i recording with the SDD-Disk i have huge fps drops [look below] and how comes that? A SSD-Disk is 30% faster than a normal HDD :S

On the SSD-Disk i have Win7 installed/Diablo 3/World Of Tanks and skype and such.. I have 48 GB left of the SSD so there should be no problem to record.. But how does it come it's way much lagg with the SSD-Disk recording then the normal HDD on 500GB -.-'!

*Dead Island is installed on the SSD-Disk aswell ..

Fraps Settnings
* 60 FPS
* Full Size
* Lock Framerate

Recording to the HDD folder - 20-30 FPS with fps drops times to times
Recording to the SSD-Disk Folder - 1-5 FPS with lagging all the time [If im not in a cave or it's dark..]

Please can you help me?

Sounds more like your computer just can't handle dead island, it's a pretty big map with really really nice details. What is your PCU speed, RAM memory and Video Card memory?

Perhaps because you're running Windows 7 and the game from the SSD? I/O bottleneck is a pretty common cause for all these type of recording issues. ;_;

Also, I don't recommend recording straight to the SSD. Hard disks are perfectly fine for recording stuff even if it is straight from a source (transport stream).

Last edited:
Sounds more like your computer just can't handle dead island, it's a pretty big map with really really nice details. What is your PCU speed, RAM memory and Video Card memory?

I have 8GB of ram .. 2GB for Windows 7 and 6GB for rest of it.. My viceo card/graphic card is 1GB .. It's the Hd Radeon 6770 ;) PCU/CPU is 3Ghz..

Perhaps because you're running Windows 7 and the game from the SSD? I/O bottleneck is a pretty common cause for all these type of recording issues. ;_;

Also, I don't recommend recording straight to the SSD. Hard disks are perfectly fine for recording stuff even if it is straight from a source (transport stream).

Well, the SSD-Disk got a much fast Read/Write then a normal HDD disk. To record with a SSDD-Disk would do nothing harm .. It woulden't lagg so relly hard, i could belive if it was on the HDD but not so much on the SSD..

Would it work if i uninstall the game and installed in on my normal harddriver?

Have you tried xSplit? Way better than fraps. :p

http://www.xsplit.com/

View the intro video :p

(If your not into live streaming, just select local recording and it will work like fraps, but with better performance and reduced file size).

Anyway, I think its weird that you have reduced performance with SSD. I am recording to SSD all the time without any problems.

Last edited:
Have you tried xSplit? Way better than fraps. :p

XSplit - Going Live is Simple

View the intro video :p

(If your not into live streaming, just select local recording and it will work like fraps, but with better performance and reduced file size).

Anyway, I think its weird that you have reduced performance with SSD. I am recording to SSD all the time without any problems.

But could the problem be that i have the program installed on the SSD aswell as my Windows 7 ? Im not a fan of xsplit

If it's not the RAM, CPU or Vid card then it's the interface that the SSD is connected to. (Maybe the motherboard who knows) there are alot of things that can bottleneck but I'm guessing it's the connection speed from the SSD to the motherboard.

If it's not the RAM, CPU or Vid card then it's the interface that the SSD is connected to. (Maybe the motherboard who knows) there are alot of things that can bottleneck but I'm guessing it's the connection speed from the SSD to the motherboard.

Hmm i don't know.. Well i don't know so much about the connection to the motherboard .. But i have SSD connected to the motherboard ofc.. then a "cabel" from the SSD to the CD-Rom and then the power to the big think.. Don't know the name in English ^^,

Try to disable your read/write cacheing, I just looked this problem up online and that was a possible solution. Also you might need to benchmark it(?) with ATTO. From what I've seen those are the only two solutions that have seemed to work.

Try to disable your read/write cacheing, I just looked this problem up online and that was a possible solution. Also you might need to benchmark it(?) with ATTO. From what I've seen those are the only two solutions that have seemed to work.
hahah ;) Im not sure what that is :p Could you link me a site so i can follow some instructions?

Ok well I just got done talking to my instructor, he said the best thing you can do is to run diagnostic tools. From my point of perspective I can check on all the components you got from my end and see if they are all compatible but I'd need to you look at them and tell me the model, brand and speed so I can look it up and see if it is compatible. (Meaning what kind of RAM, CPU, V-card, M-board, SSD capacity and read/write speed (when I mean the read write speed I mean it's default not your expectations) and everything). Then what you can do is run a SSD speed test diagnostic tool to see it's current read/write speed and if it's slow look at what's running in the background and maybe stop some running proccesses and do it again to see if it runs faster.

Okaay ;P But i was going to change a thing in the bioset .. Never found the thing but i removed my other two HDD disk.. My computer can only find one but i removed both of them and started the computer just with the SSD and it woulden't start o_O -.-' Just came up BOOTMGR missing.. That message and the SSD was not running and i was like. WHAAT?!

That's because the OS is installed on the HDD

Nooo.. When i did install my SSD-Disk i formated both my HDD disk and removed while i installed the SDD because i wanted it as system ;P So the OS is installed on the SSD not the HDD .. But still i don't know why my second HDD can't find the computer in the bioset and the start it says everything is fine and i have found it and all that.. Still like -.-' But thx for the help .. I will call my friend for help and i think he can fix this ;) Thanks for trying and such and the help i've got from you ;) I gave you a rep+ ^^,

Thanks and is your SDD set as the slave drive?
No.. The SSD is set as primary .. the system driver. When i tried to install wins 7 with the other drivers into the computer it woulden't work.. Ofc ;) With only the SSD powered to my computer and wins 7 installed it it must be the system disk .. I have not check that out yet.. Hmm i will do that ;P

If you have the OS installed onto the SSD it should be set as the Master disk not the primary, the primary disk is normally used for Daisy chains or for slave drives.

I had to re-install win7 -.-' GAAH! I made a little misstake but i have this problem. I have two other HDD disk.. One of them are set to secondary .. But the one i ´started with .. The first disk is set to system aswell -.-' How can i turn it into a secondary? or that? -.-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back