• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Concept Feedback] How Would You Envision A Bard/Songweaver in Tibia?

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get some creative juices flowing and wondering what you guys have seen from OTs that have done a Bard class and what you would liked, what you didn't like, and what you would like to see a class like this be able to do.

I'll post this here even though I doubt Knighter would ever change it this much now.

Concept

A Bard to me is a character that sings/plays songs as a way to best fit the situation. Each song should have a purpose and place, as just like music, not every song is fit for every occasion. He should be physically weak, but should be powerful in buffing/debuffing people, as well as controlling the flow of the battle and adjusting it when he sees fit. Tons of people may see them as Mages, but I see them as mainly a class that has "magical" music, but otherwise isn't very elemental heavy. In Tibia, there are elements but I feel the Bard would sit under the Physical/Drown damage type, mainly due to how music effects people (can physically pain them, and make them feel drowned out). This is not to say they cannot adapt to a situation with their party. Bards are best played in groups, and should be the weakest class to play solo. (You want an audience for your music)

Spells/Abilities

• Passive: Musical Mastery - The Bard gains a stack of Musical Mastery every time he sings a new song. Each stack grants mana and health regeneration, as well as a damage bonus.

• Spell 1: Chord Tuning - The Bard plucks a tune, granting a buff that applies to party members. This buff grants the party on-hit damage of whichever element the Bard chose. (Utani Sono "Vis/Flam/Frigo/Tera/San/Mort/Vox/Kor")

• Spell 2: Deafening Solo - The Bard sing a song so loud, it irritates all enemies. The enemies are afflicted with a debuff that increases the damage they take by a %, as well as dealing Drown damage. (Exori Sono Mas)

• Spell 3: Melody Menagerie - The Bard plays his instrument most beautifully. This buffs allies, granting them increased Armor/Health/Mana for a few seconds. After the song ends, each member explodes outwards, dealing Drown damage to surrounding enemies. (Exana Sono Mas)

• Spell 4: Discord Dance - The Bard causes chaos with the sound he produces. This causes enemies to be stunned until they are struck, or until 3 seconds. The enemy may still cast spells, but will be unable to move or attack. (Exevo Kor Sono)

• Spell 5: Concerto - The Bard blasts his enemies with his musical prowess, dealing damage in a large area. The damage type it deals is determined by the last Chord Tune the Bard used. (Exevo Sono)

• Spell 6: Entrance - The Bard singles out a foe, dazzling them with sound. This can be altered by using different elements. If the same element is used on the same target, it deals bonus damage, up to 3 times. (Exori Sono "Vis/Flam/Frigo/Tera/San/Mort/Vox/Kor")

• Ultimate: Encore - After 2 seconds of playing, the Bard erupts with musical madness. This allows him to cast all his abilities for free without cooldown or mana restraints. This also gives the Bard a damage buff, and a damage reduction buff for the entire 10 second duration. (Exevo Gran Mas Sono)

Progression/Stats

Bards would wear some fairly weak armor, but be faster than most classes. They have a decent amount of HP, but a large mana pool. Their weapons should deal Drown or Physical damage, depending on Instrument type. (Think of Wands having elements) Since there is a limited amount of usable music items in Tibia, the Bard would gain more power by gaining Musical Sheets. These Musical Sheets would give flat bonuses to himself as long as he keeps them in his backpack. They would be unable to use runes, but would deal more damage with their abilities on average than Mages to make up for it.

@Eiffel that is an incredibly detailed post. Is this an actual class design that you've already created, or has been created on a server? Or did you type it all up for this discussion?

I'll post this here even though I doubt Knighter would ever change it this much now.
Concept

A Bard to me is a character that sings/plays songs as a way to best fit the situation. Each song should have a purpose and place, as just like music, not every song is fit for every occasion. He should be physically weak, but should be powerful in buffing/debuffing people, as well as controlling the flow of the battle and adjusting it when he sees fit. Tons of people may see them as Mages, but I see them as mainly a class that has "magical" music, but otherwise isn't very elemental heavy. In Tibia, there are elements but I feel the Bard would sit under the Physical/Drown damage type, mainly due to how music effects people (can physically pain them, and make them feel drowned out). This is not to say they cannot adapt to a situation with their party. Bards are best played in groups, and should be the weakest class to play solo. (You want an audience for your music)

Spells/Abilities

• Passive: Musical Mastery - The Bard gains a stack of Musical Mastery every time he sings a new song. Each stack grants mana and health regeneration, as well as a damage bonus.

• Spell 1: Chord Tuning - The Bard plucks a tune, granting a buff that applies to party members. This buff grants the party on-hit damage of whichever element the Bard chose. (Utani Sono "Vis/Flam/Frigo/Tera/San/Mort/Vox/Kor")

• Spell 2: Deafening Solo - The Bard sing a song so loud, it irritates all enemies. The enemies are afflicted with a debuff that increases the damage they take by a %, as well as dealing Drown damage. (Exori Sono Mas)

• Spell 3: Melody Menagerie - The Bard plays his instrument most beautifully. This buffs allies, granting them increased Armor/Health/Mana for a few seconds. After the song ends, each member explodes outwards, dealing Drown damage to surrounding enemies. (Exana Sono Mas)

• Spell 4: Discord Dance - The Bard causes chaos with the sound he produces. This causes enemies to be stunned until they are struck, or until 3 seconds. The enemy may still cast spells, but will be unable to move or attack. (Exevo Kor Sono)

• Spell 5: Concerto - The Bard blasts his enemies with his musical prowess, dealing damage in a large area. The damage type it deals is determined by the last Chord Tune the Bard used. (Exevo Sono)

• Spell 6: Entrance - The Bard singles out a foe, dazzling them with sound. This can be altered by using different elements. If the same element is used on the same target, it deals bonus damage, up to 3 times. (Exori Sono "Vis/Flam/Frigo/Tera/San/Mort/Vox/Kor")

• Ultimate: Encore - After 2 seconds of playing, the Bard erupts with musical madness. This allows him to cast all his abilities for free without cooldown or mana restraints. This also gives the Bard a damage buff, and a damage reduction buff for the entire 10 second duration. (Exevo Gran Mas Sono)

Progression/Stats

Bards would wear some fairly weak armor, but be faster than most classes. They have a decent amount of HP, but a large mana pool. Their weapons should deal Drown or Physical damage, depending on Instrument type. (Think of Wands having elements) Since there is a limited amount of usable music items in Tibia, the Bard would gain more power by gaining Musical Sheets. These Musical Sheets would give flat bonuses to himself as long as he keeps them in his backpack. They would be unable to use runes, but would deal more damage with their abilities on average than Mages to make up for it.

Last edited:
@Eiffel that is an incredibly detailed post. Is this an actual class design that you've already created, or has been created on a server? Or did you type it all up for this discussion?

It was my idea. I usually speak with Flatlander and just brainstorm and eventually write down my thoughts. I thought of this one on the spot, but tried to make it fun to play (not spamming 1 key) and also versatile in any situation.

Back
Top Bottom