• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Conclusion of Beta Tests.

How do you see it?

• Three Vocations, Spot Grind, Events and PvP Based

• One Vocation(Three weapons, spells depends on weapon?), Spot Grind, Events and PvP Based

• One Vocation, One Weapon(For each clan/town), Spot Grind, Events and PvP Based

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ascuas Funkeln

Rakkedo Game
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
AscuasFunkeln
After than two months of testing, it was time for some conclusions.
I tried to listen to the players and introduced changes, now i want to present to you the conclusions I came to.

1. (Vocation) Ultimate Vocation - People want a large selection of professions etc. But, after logging into the game the first questions are asked, e.g. from the Archer
- What healing spells do I have?
So where does it make sense to break characters into roles when they want every profession to have everything?

2. (Map) Same situation as Vocation,
- How big is the map and is there a lot of discovery? Oh thats nice! There are no shit teleports for exp? Cool!
After one day of playing, the player throws the word "should be teleports here".

3. (Items) Players are lazy, they want everything to be easy to get, on the other hand they want it not to be easy?
Money, to make sense, must have value, while players want them to spill from the monsters like sand in the Sahara desert. This causes them to be worthless and offset the economy on the server.

4. (Conclusion) Mindfuck...

Anyway...
After two months of testing, I think I know in which direction to rework totally the server, i will post more info in server thread aswell,
I would like to talk about what you think guys, and in which direction the servers are heading, if there is too much stagnation and copies?

Remember to take it into consideration. Ppl are different and there are always guys who like to discover new maps/items/etc... and ones who prefer old and already known places (thats why rl map ots are so popular).
And when someone will tell you "Bleh there is no Goku/Naruto vocation" what will u do?

Just try to find your niche and align the game to them. Also remember to fix annoying systems/bugs and when most of players report the same issue to you then maybe it is a good time to rework it instead of changing ots direction.

1. If people sees lack of server information then maybe prepare (or even they might start it on their own) some wiki page (or add cyclopedia like module).

2. The way of healing is always a good thing. If you are not making hardcore ots, then maybe low-cost hp potions are something good to introduce.
Also ppl used to spells like exura - similiar situation to low-cost hp pots I mentioned. Usually u get it everywhere (tibia/bloodstone/db/naruto/whatever).

3. Somehow you are right. But take a look at current Tibia official servers situation. They split high ext + profit spawns into separate ones and everyone went mad. It is easy to understand coz they first gave such spawn to players for a long time and then suddenly took it away.
It is a good idea to habitate your players to some gameplay and keep it this way.

4. Sounds like ordinary work with a client :D

Every ots is special, and if you put a lot of heart into it then for sure you'll find guys who'd love it ;)

Remember to take it into consideration. Ppl are different and there are always guys who like to discover new maps/items/etc... and ones who prefer old and already known places (thats why rl map ots are so popular).
And when someone will tell you "Bleh there is no Goku/Naruto vocation" what will u do?

Just try to find your niche and align the game to them. Also remember to fix annoying systems/bugs and when most of players report the same issue to you then maybe it is a good time to rework it instead of changing ots direction.

1. If people sees lack of server information then maybe prepare (or even they might start it on their own) some wiki page (or add cyclopedia like module).

2. The way of healing is always a good thing. If you are not making hardcore ots, then maybe low-cost hp potions are something good to introduce.
Also ppl used to spells like exura - similiar situation to low-cost hp pots I mentioned. Usually u get it everywhere (tibia/bloodstone/db/naruto/whatever).

3. Somehow you are right. But take a look at current Tibia official servers situation. They split high ext + profit spawns into separate ones and everyone went mad. It is easy to understand coz they first gave such spawn to players for a long time and then suddenly took it away.
It is a good idea to habitate your players to some gameplay and keep it this way.

4. Sounds like ordinary work with a client :D

Every ots is special, and if you put a lot of heart into it then for sure you'll find guys who'd love it ;)

4. Sounds like ordinary work with a client - I dont wanna create thread like "dev<>client", its just my opinion about what im seeing after tests.
And ofc im talking "per persona", alot people just change mind when play "from explorer to lazy mode"
I think this("4") is the correct point to talk about it, to be honest what players really expect instead of this what about they talking.

Sure, we don't need another thread about that.
It sounds resonable, people (not only players) are whismical...

Maybe make some poll and check what are they thinking as a whole. Try different kinds of polls, some ingame (easy to vote like !yes/!no or !vote 1/2/3), some out of the game (accmaker, strawpoll and so on)...
It is a good idea to perform ingame poll when the most of players are available ATM.

Draw conclusions from it. Such summary might be more valuable than a single talk (not always but it will give you some overview about what kind of players are you facing).

Back