• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Config.lua (monsters)

Lbtg

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello, i remember there was on some kind of tfs lines in config.lua
something like this
monsterlevel/power = 1
monsters maxhealth/health = 1

Lua:
-- Rates
-- NOTE: rateExp is not used if you have enabled stages above
rateExp = 5
rateSkill = 30
rateLoot = 4
rateMagic = 20
rateSpawn = 1

-- Monster Despawn Config
-- despawnRange is the amount of floors a monster can be from its spawn position
-- despawnRadius is how many tiles away it can be from its spawn position
-- removeOnDespawn will remove the monster if true or teleport it back to its spawn position if false
deSpawnRange = 2
deSpawnRadius = 50
removeOnDespawn = true

something like that

Does 1.3 tfs 10.98 has some kind of IN config.lua to edit whole monsters pack in couple config lines ?

i want to make like all monsters has 3x health or 2x power attack ETC.

Thanks

Last edited:
something like this
monsterlevel/power = 1

Lua:
-- Rates
rateExp = 5
rateSkill = 30
rateLoot = 4
rateMagic = 20
rateSpawn = 1

-- despawnRange is the amount of floors a monster can be from its spawn position
-- removeOnDespawn will remove the monster if true or teleport it back to its spawn position if false
deSpawnRange = 2
deSpawnRadius = 50
removeOnDespawn = true

something like that

Does 1.3 tfs 10.98 has some kind of IN config.lua to edit whole monsters pack in couple config lines ?

Thanks
There's nothing in config no, you could however edit when monsters spawn, I'm not entirely sure how. Best approach would probably be source editing however.

There's nothing in config no, you could however edit when monsters spawn, I'm not entirely sure how. Best approach would probably be source editing however.
editing source about this case would be hard or simple injection to src ?

something like this
monsterlevel/power = 1

Lua:
-- Rates
rateExp = 5
rateSkill = 30
rateLoot = 4
rateMagic = 20
rateSpawn = 1

deSpawnRange = 2
deSpawnRadius = 50
removeOnDespawn = true

something like that

Thanks
At this moment TFS does not have these configurations, but I believe that in the future they will be added, since they are highly requested

I believe i can fly i believie i can touch the sky...
Or try to contribute yourself instead, its up to everyone to make pull requests or learn c++ for that matter.
how to motivate to make it these days ?
Best approach if you want it now, now, now is either to make it yourself or pay someone to do it. If you want it in your config there's gotta be some rather "drastic" structure changes of your sources.
One easier and more configureable approach would be to in: events/scripts/monster @onSpawn add some multiplication of health/dmg etc.

I would like such script
Or try to contribute yourself instead, its up to everyone to make pull requests or learn c++ for that matter.

Best approach if you want it now, now, now is either to make it yourself or pay someone to do it. If you want it in your config there's gotta be some rather "drastic" structure changes of your sources.
One easier and more configureable approach would be to in: events/scripts/monster @onSpawn add some multiplication of health/dmg etc.
so that i can edit all monsters in one config in variuos ways

the green parts you add, the red ones you remove

and in the end you recompile your server
cant i just download new tfs master branch and compile it? wouldnt be the same ?
Post automatically merged:

okay here is it, not tested:
oh you say its not tested yet aa :D so i need to test it right ?

Last edited:
Back