• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Config.lua problem...

Ortiq

Haha
Reaction score
I've got a little problem

When i open Config.lua it's a LUA file ofc, but when i press "Open with..." as i always do a window appears.
In that window are some programs i can use to open config.lua, I use notepad, and if u look down there is a text "Always open this filetypes with this program or similar, and i think i accidentally used that button.
Now the config lua is a notepad program.
So i can onlya open it with notepad or other programs in the window tht appears when click "Open with..."

Idk how to make it a LUA file back again...

And bcuz of that the config.lua isn't lua no more the server can't read it and then i get an error: Unable to load Config.lua!

what is notepad file? do you mean .txt or just has notepad icon?
it should load as long as it has extension ".lua"

Try this:
Open config.txt :)blink:) press ctrl+a, then press ctrl+c then close config.txt create new text document, open it press ctrl+v save as... call it config.lua... put it in server folder, and run .exe

Its prolly when you opened the config with notepad, you changed something and did it wrong thats why config isnt loading

take another file of lua ( like a script or a spell) make that empty name it config then put all of your config.lua in it and add it at the place where the config.lua belongs.

No, haha u didn't rally understand: When i first made this topic i wrote my problem, It was i accidanteally used something called "always open this kinds of files with this program" or something similar...

So that means ALL my lua files, spells and the rest are NOTEPAD/txt files...

No they are not.

Notepad files does not exist.

Notepad is a writing program. Thats all, and you just chose to open those LUA files with a notepad. The extentions should not be changed unless you have clicked "Save as.... *.txt".

Even though the icon is different, it should not matter.

So something is wrong with the config, not that you clicked "Always open this kind of files with this program".

Display file extentions, in case of .txt, change it to .lua in the file name. Fix errors, for an example perhaps you changed a value="50" to for an example value="10 and forgot to end with a "

No, haha u didn't rally understand: When i first made this topic i wrote my problem, It was i accidanteally used something called "always open this kinds of files with this program" or something similar...

So that means ALL my lua files, spells and the rest are NOTEPAD/txt files...

No. The .lua will just open with that program, not that they will convert to .txt.

Look

just copy/past all info in it, then save in server files config.lua
or if that wont work download a new config.lua? hard...

No they are not.

Notepad is a writing program. Thats all, and you just chose to open those LUA files with a notepad. The extentions should not be changed unless you have clicked "Save as.... *.txt".

So something is wrong with the config, not that you clicked "Always open this kind of files with this program".

Display file extentions, in case of .txt, change it to .lua in the file name. Fix errors, for an example perhaps you changed a value="50" to for an example value="10 and forgot to end with a "

Yes it is... 1. Why did is it first work then when i did that it didn't work. And ill PROOVE IF I FIX THAT THAT IT WAS THE PROBLEM!

look

just copy/past all info in it, then save in server files config.lua
or if that wont work download a new config.lua? Hard...

omg, don't u understand? I clicked "always use this program with this filetype" and then i opened config.lua so all .lua files will be opened with notepad...

And all of you that posts obvious, easy fails: Stop it i'm not a noob...

no they are not.

Notepad is a writing program. Thats all, and you just chose to open those lua files with a notepad. The extentions should not be changed unless you have clicked "save as.... *.txt".

So something is wrong with the config, not that you clicked "always open this kind of files with this program".

no that is not the problem and i am 100% sure!

Its prolly when you opened the config with notepad, you changed something and did it wrong thats why config isnt loading

Nope... 100% sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you give us a screenshot? Then right click config file and click properties to check the filetype and post a screenshot of it?

Have you tried to download a fresh version of TFS and just run it quickly with sqlite to test it out?

Helllp please please please please please

<_<Hey i want help please my web ssait onnline and my server ask offline need help please but i can down in it in master Computer but all ppl cant Down he ask offline

Back