• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Config Mysqlkeepalive

ugurdrahs

Reaction score
Hi,

I have in config.lua the mysql things like this;

PHP:
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 400
mysqlWriteTimeout = 400
encryptionType = "sha1"

is it good? normal or bad? or do I need to change this to other numbers for less lagg? or better performance?

or does this also affect lagg or if my server is under attack?

can someone give detailed info.

Ty

Last edited:
Quote from tfs docs updated few minutes ago:
Code:
		sqlKeepAlive
			Used only by mysql database.
			How often server should connect to the mysql database and send dummy packet (ping) to refresh its connection timeout.
			Useful when there are not a lot of queries send to the server, otherwise it is better to keep this option disabled.
			In seconds, 0 to disable.
			Default: 0

mysqlReadTimeout
			"The timeout in seconds for attempts to read from the server.
			Each attempt uses this timeout value and there are retries if necessary, so the total effective timeout value is three times the option value.
			You can set the value so that a lost connection can be detected earlier than the TCP/IP Close_Wait_Timeout value of 10 minutes"
				(from mysql manual, original source at: [url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-options.html]MySQL :: MySQL 5.5 Reference Manual :: 20.9.3.49 mysql_options()[/url])
			0 to disable.
			Default: 10

mysqlWriteTimeout
			"The timeout in seconds for attempts to write to the server. Each attempt uses this timeout value [...]"
				(from mysql manual, original source at: [url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-options.html]MySQL :: MySQL 5.5 Reference Manual :: 20.9.3.49 mysql_options()[/url])
			0 to disable.
			Default: 10

encryptionType
			Encryption method used to store passwords (and other sensitive data) safely in the database.
				WARNING: Using plain passwords is not recommended and may lead to serious data leakage.
			Values: md5, sha1, sha256, sha512, plain
			Default: sha256

Back