• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Confusion about legallity

markomax97

Reaction score
Im moved in Germany before 3 month ago and im have my own OT.
So question now that confuse me all the time :confused:, cuz im come from country there no one check your internet activity (we don't have any punishment for upload, download, hacks, hostings... ects...) to totally internet check country...
Im see a hundreds of privates servers on TibiaServerlist, and idk how many thread about map, data, console... ect. on OTland... and im so confused about "Is it all legaly in Germany" :confused:.
Right now im wanna put my OT on private host from my PC for testing some scripts... im wanna test some creatures and quests... and there is a problem :(
What if that's not legally.. im will get punishment and im don't know whatever they can do.

Is anyone here from Germany... or at last anyone with law knowlage, why can help me about this thread?
Please reply me what to do. Thanks.

Hey there,
I am from Germany. If I got your statement right you have recently moved to Germany from your former home country (which was...?) and now want to ask wheter it is legally here to visit Otland and/or host an OTS, right?
As far as Otland is concerned: Don't you worry. If visiting Otland was illegal I wouldnt still be here since 2011 with about 4000+ posts. As for OTS hosting I can only say the following: Copyright infringment is a crime in Germany. If you are using pirated files from CipSoft Gmbh (which is located in Germany, Regensburg) you are naturally doing something illegal. Also the fact that you are even in the same country as CIP doesn't make your odds of doing something "legal" any better. However I have never heard of Cipsofz pressing charges against any OTS except mastercores from eliteots and that's still a mystery for itself. I know alot of people from Germany who have been hosting OTS here and havent had any troubles. The government cyber squad has better things to do than busting your little OTS and CipSoft does not actively press charges. So to speak you are all good!

Kind regards,
Damon

Maybe @Summ can add something?

Last edited:
Back