• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Connect to server inside network and out?

Jorihar

Reaction score
Can anyone help me its driving me crazy, i can connect and play from PCs outside of my network and I can get to my character list from the PC running the server and other PCs on my home network but that's as far as i can connect internally. When i choose a character I get:

upload_2014-5-30_19-20-37-png.25300

So it can see the login server but then cant connect to the game? my ports look open correctly? As this is an internal issue I would assume the ports have no effect on my issue?

upload_2014-5-30_19-22-28-png.25301

And my config.lua connection stuff: - Is there a way to have 2 IPs to connect to the same world? I.e an internal and external IP.
upload_2014-5-30_19-24-39-png.25302

If you cannot have 2 IPs in the config then is it possible to run 2 servers but have the 1 world so that i can play at home on the same world with my mates?

Thanks to anyone that takes time to reply.

Thank you for the replies but no i still can only get to the character select screen. Just to confirm/clarify. My config is set to my external IP and I have tried the above advice but using 127.0.0.1 and my internal IP of 10.1.1.9 does not work.

Any other ideas?

You've tried connecting with your public IP from your home computer correct? (google ip). Maybe your router isn't playing nicely with you. On a side note, if you want to run two server you need to run two seperate servers. Host them on different ports, you can share the loginserver I believe.

@Printer all ports open according to that site (i can connect externally so didnt think ports would be the issue)

@A Dirty Rag I turned my firewall off but still no go. :(
Have you tried, to let someone else to login? Since i had a problem, that others could login while i couldn't login.

Sry didn`t see this post, i have the exact same problem and i have tries everything exept "a dirty rag`s" couse i dont really follow?? i only have one server but cant run in within my LAN i get same responce as in the original post here

Unfortunately none of the above has resolved my issue. I know the ports are correctly forwarded as others can get on from outside my network but i cannot connect to myself! very frustrating!

For anyone else that has this issue. I actually resolved it by using my internal IP address in the config file and i was still able to get people to connect using my external ip address (probably because once it reached my router it was directed to the correct internal via portforwarding) and also able to connect internallly just using my internal IP address. Finally!

Back