• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Connecting to my OTServer

Aurolio

Reaction score
Hi, I am slowly getting into creating my own server and I encountered a problem with connecting to my own server. So I can connect to my server using localhost but whenever I try to connect to it using my Global IP Address( whatsmyip) it just doesn't work. Do you know what could be the problem? I turned off Firewall and Antivirus. My IP is static as far as I am concerned.

Hello @Aurolio, you need explain better how is this enviroment. Are you hosting at your own computer, what's the router? probably you need set up the rules in your (Modem/Router) to forwarding the traffic to the local game IP/Port.

I am hosting on my own computer, the router is HUB 3.0 from Virgin Media. Another thing is, when the ip in config.lua is set to my global IP Address, the server just turns off, like the actual theforgottenserver.exe closes. Any ideas?

I am hosting on my own computer, the router is HUB 3.0 from Virgin Media. Another thing is, when the ip in config.lua is set to my global IP Address, the server just turns off, like the actual theforgottenserver.exe closes. Any ideas?
Set up the rules at the HUB 3.0 to forwarding the outside traffic to the game server (Local IP/Port).

Last edited:
Hi, I am slowly getting into creating my own server and I encountered a problem with connecting to my own server. So I can connect to my server using localhost but whenever I try to connect to it using my Global IP Address( whatsmyip) it just doesn't work. Do you know what could be the problem? I turned off Firewall and Antivirus. My IP is static as far as I am concerned.

Edit windows hosts file "c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts" adding your global ip address followed by your local ip address. This way you tell windows to redirect your global IP to your local. Keep in mind if you have non static IP you'll need to change it everytime it changes.

In your router look for NAT. Port forwarding should be around there.

Should it look like that in the file?

Global IP Local Ip

Also, there is no Network Address Translation in my Router settings.

Back