• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Connecting with NO-IP address

High Timez

Novacane
Reaction score
For some reason I can't connect with my no-ip I made on their website, I put my computers ip in the config.lua but it still won't work, i can connect fine with my local 127.0.0.1. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Last edited:
Is it just you or other people too? It's normal you can't connect with your no-ip address if you login with the pc you host the server with. Use 127.0.0.1 or your IPv4 address to login, other people should use your no-ip to login.

Is it just you or other people too? It's normal you can't connect with your no-ip address if you login with the pc you host the server with. Use 127.0.0.1 or your IPv4 address to login, other people should use your no-ip to login.

I've tried, and my cousin has also tried, it says cannot connect to login server.

Did you open port 7171 and 7172, did you follow a portforwarding tutorial for your router to be sure you did everything correctly? And did you turn off your firewall or added the ports in it?

"gameProtocolPort = 7172" This is the gameport, it makes you login from the characterlist ingame. If people get an error about not being able to connect to the login server, this is from the loginport 7171, which means your ports aren't open or something is blocking it.

Did you open port 7171 and 7172, did you follow a portforwarding tutorial for your router to be sure you did everything correctly? And did you turn off your firewall or added the ports in it?

"gameProtocolPort = 7172" This is the gameport, it makes you login from the characterlist ingame. If people get an error about not being able to connect to the login server, this is from the loginport 7171, which means your ports aren't open or something is blocking it.

Hmm so what would be an easy way of checking if my ports in my firewall are open? and yes i followed a guide but I will double check.

You can also turn it off to be sure that isn't the problem.
Also, virusscanners can block ports too, although most of them don't block port 7171/7172, but you can try to turn that off too.

Last edited:
Solved in TeamViewer, for people with the same problem, the problem was wrong ip with portforwarding, it was the default gateway instead of his IPv4 address.

Solved in TeamViewer, for people with the same problem, the problem was wrong ip with portforwarding, it was the default gateway instead of his IPv4 address.

i have the same problem with this ...... can you help me via TeamViewer, i already open my port 80, 7171, 7172, 3306 for my IPv4 please help me :p

Usually when you open the ports in your router you can choose the ip next to the port, there you have to enter your IPv4 address so you open the ports on that computer.
If you're not sure how to open ports on your router you can try youtube, type your router with the words port forwarding in search and you will often find video tutorials how to open ports in your router.
Else you can also try portforward.com or find other sites through google.
https://otland.net/threads/port-forwarding-and-connection.230381/

You can use this to check if the ports are opened: http://www.************/index.php?portchecker
If they are all 3 opened, did you open port 80 the same way as 7171 and 7172? 7173 is not needed unless you edited something to use that port instead.

Back