• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

connection problems

damionrasilver

Solutions
Reaction score
I can log into my server, but others can not? can someone help me. i forwarded all my ports 7171 7172 7272 80 3306. BUT IT STILL WANT WORK :(

Solution
I think many modern routers requires you to do other things, I don't know much about it so I can't explain it, but I think it's called or related to DMZ, not sure though.
But I've had this problem many times over the years using different routers.
In my router I would have to assign the public IP to one of my machines in the router to make it work.
Try looking for "local devices" or something somewhere in the router interface, find the device that is your machine, and see if you can do something more than just port forward, like "assign public IP" or something else.
If you find your device and don't know what the options shown means, list every option here if you like.

Status

Enable

Service

Protocol

Remote Host...
Did you forward 7373? jk

Your ports may not be open correctly then.. Take a look at your config.lua maybe your ip address is wrong there too.

I think many modern routers requires you to do other things, I don't know much about it so I can't explain it, but I think it's called or related to DMZ, not sure though.
In my router I would have to assign the public IP to one of my machines in the router to make it work.
Try looking for "local devices" or something somewhere in the router interface, find the device that is your machine, and see if you can do something more than just port forward, like "assign public IP" or something else.
If you find your device and don't know what the options shown means, list every option here if you like.

Status

Enable

Service

Protocol

Remote Host

External Port(s)

Internal Host

Internal Port
that is everything it say when i go to port forwarding

Solution
Look for Local Devices or something like that.
If you can't find it, just press every option in all menus you can see and look for your machine's hostname and local IP.
Then see what your options are, for example can you press "Edit" or "Change" or something, and if you can, click the button, and what are your options then?

Example video for a Thompson router (look from 0:55)

Of course you should first make sure you have port forwarded correctly, but after that, try this.

Also keep in mind this will open all your ports to the Internet.
Especially for a Windows machine this is bad security and dangerous, but you can enable and configure windows firewall or install a different firewall product to again block ports you don't want to be open.

Last edited:
Back