• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Connection Refused on Local Network

archer32

Solutions
Reaction score
EDIT
Resolved

Hey there,

So I have my config file setup to:

-- Connection Config
-- NOTE: maxPlayers set to 0 means no limit
ip = "127.0.0.1"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171
maxPlayers = 0
motd = "Welcome to Beardtopia's Server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = true
allowClones = false
serverName = "Beardtopia"
statusTimeout = 5000
replaceKickOnLogin = true
maxPacketsPerSecond = 25

TFS 1.2
Tibia Client: 10.98

I am able to login to the game and run around from my server Windows 2012, but when I try to add the local IP (192.168.10.5) of the server and connect, it lets me login, choose character but then goes to Connection Refused

I just created a custom map and monsters to have my son run around and play peacefully (he is 4). But I don't want him to RDP into the server computer and play from there, I want to connect to the local IP.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, lack of sleep is getting to me. 😂

I just created a custom map and monsters to have my son run around and play peacefully (he is 4). But I don't want him to RDP into the server computer and play from there, I want to connect to the local IP.
That's pretty wholesome (even if you're doing it to get some sleep), could you also post your solution just in case someone else comes up with the same problem?

Sure,

The fix is bolded - to reflect server IP instead of localhost (see original post for what it was originally, doh me) -- 5 minutes after posting this I noticed it... ;)

-- Connection Config
-- NOTE: maxPlayers set to 0 means no limit
ip = "192.168.5.10"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171
maxPlayers = 0
motd = "Welcome to Beardtopia's Server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = true
allowClones = false
serverName = "Beardtopia"