• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Connection Time-outs

Kodak

Reaction score
Hello, I'm an old tibia player and an old hoster, so I was bored and decided to put a server to mess around on.

I'm fully able to run the server on localhost and have no issues connecting myself. When I try to host the server publicly, when I connect it loads the character selection screen correctly, and then time's out after selecting a character. This occurs when attempting to connect with either my localIP or global IP. I do not have another person to test outside connection at this point.

I ported forwarded thru my router correctly, and have used a port checking tool to make sure it was done correctly. All ports show open. I am able to connect to the webpage just fine via local host, and thru a free proxy website to test outside connection to the website, it seems fine. I have disabled windows firewall, the router's firewall, and AVG Anti Virus (free version claims not to have a firewall). I've tested with two separate OTdistro's to see if it maybe was a config issue, and have this problem on both. I've checked the character's location in game to make sure it was a valid location, which it is (Set to a town temple). I've uninstalled AVG anti virus, Anyone else have suggestions? I've been messing with this thing about a week now trying different things and thought I might ask here.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Xfinity ISP

Arris/xfinity router/modem combo

Uniform Server

TFS 0.3.6 (primary)

TFS 1.0 #915 (Secondary test)

Znote 1.5 AAC

Last edited:
i had this problem i'm pretty sure 7171 or 7172 needs to be opened which ports have you tested? also what ip did you use in your config.lua? local host wont work you need to use your external ip address there.

Try to open port 7170 to 7174 TCP, port 7173 for example is used by the server too. Game server, login server, etc. those have other ports.
If you got an open proxy running, close it.

Thank you for your continued help,

@beastn - Yea originally had 7171 & 7172 opened and tested. And yes it is my external IP in the config.lua (When using local ip I can connect fine)

@Danger II - Added ports 7173 & 7174 to port forward list, no change with issue. No proxy running. Only used website Hide.me to test outside connection to website.

Thank you for your continued help,

@beastn - Yea originally had 7171 & 7172 opened and tested. And yes it is my external IP in the config.lua (When using local ip I can connect fine)

@Danger II - Added ports 7173 & 7174 to port forward list, no change with issue. No proxy running. Only used website Hide.me to test outside connection to website.
Check if your ports are open: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

@Danger II - So this website as well as others do say they are closed. While researching the issue a while back, after using these sites I came across Simple Port Tester from PCWinTech.com and it shows them open. So I got the websites saying closed and the application saying open. When I test turning port forward on & off, it does reflect in the Simple Port Tester app, but the websites always say closed.

Again thanks for the continued help.

While testing with turning port forwarding on/off, I also have port 80 forwarded for the website, when its on, I'm able to connect via hide.me (outside proxy) fine, when I turn port forward off, I am unable to connect to the website. So it seems 80 is working correctly.

Last edited:
Back