• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Console Keeps Crashing

3oom

Infected
Reaction score
My server console keeps crashing multiple times, it takes about 3-5 hours then the server just crashes..

First I used Real-Server Distrobution then, but after some hours a runtime error showed up and crashed everything.
I tried too fix the problem by cleaning globalevents & creature events as I thought it caused the problem.
When I used Real-Server distrobution the server crashed 4 times before I decided to change to TFS Crying Damson.

So I decided to run the server with Crying Damson, and it worked fine from 16:00 until now, 23:28 when the server just crashed without any errors OR runtime errors, it just dissapeared so I needed to re-open it, Maybe this wont happen again or probably it will, do anyone of you who has exprience with problems with this has a clue about this? note that nothing is shown in the server error logs.

This is the current distrobution I am using: http://otland.net/f18/8-60-forgotten-server-0-3-6-crying-damson-v5-147913/

This is what I have as creaturescripts
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<creaturescripts>

<event type="login" name="PlayerLogin" event="script" value="login.lua"/>
	<event type="login" name="FirstItems" event="script" value="firstitems.lua"/>
        <event type="think" name="SkullCheck" event="script" value="skullcheck.lua"/>
	<event type="joinchannel" name="GuildMotd" event="script" value="guildmotd.lua"/>
	<event type="receivemail" name="Mail" event="script" value="mail.lua"/>
	<event type="reportbug" name="SaveReportBug" script="reportbug.lua"/>
        <event type="preparedeath" name="forever amulet" event="script" value="aol.lua"/>                
        <event type="death" name="teleportmonster" script="tpmonster.lua"/>

<event type="think" name="Idle" event="script" value="idle.lua"/>
	<event type="death" name="PlayerDeath" event="script" value="playerdeath.lua"/>

<event type="PrepareDeath" name="pvparena" script="pvparena.lua"/>
	<event type="attack" name="attackguild" script="attackguild.lua"/>
	<event type="death" name="incendio" script="incendioMonster.lua"/>
        </creaturescripts>

This is Globalevents
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<globalevents>
        <globalevent name="effects" interval="0.2" event="script" value="effects.lua"/>
	<globalevent name="serverstart" type="start" event="script" value="start.lua"/>
	<globalevent name="playersrecord" type="record" event="script" value="record.lua"/>

<!-- <globalevent name="timer_example" time="21:35" event="script" value="my_script.lua"/> -->

</globalevents>

Last edited:
We in the management of MY server decided to remove our globalevents as we thought that was the problem, to make more sure we also added the orginal items files and just added some custom items back, but not all of them.

My advice to others who has this problem with there otservers, that it keeps crashing or runtime errors is to check your talkactions, globalevents and items.otbm and items.xml
a script may be bugged, ever since I did this, even if I was working hard with globalevents and custom items I've been able to run my server without any errors so far.
It also may be that your distrobution is not stable enough!

It's stable. If you have runtime errors try to install the latest version of .net framework

No, as I said above - I tried to find the problem, when we later on decided to remove our old creaturevents & globalevents and then replace the items file the server works fine, any runtime errors has not shown up yet and I removed these 9 hours ago, the server usually crash after 4 hours :)
So I guess there was something wrong with items or creatureevents, but I will download this .net frameworks to be more sure about this.

Back