• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Contest] Cyntara ---

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I decided that the new donation item contest is doing so well, I figure I'll take off the player inspiration for the add-on to the sister Cyntara server as well.

A bit of background info: Cyntara is latin for "Chimera". (better known as the 3 headed dog with the serpent tail. Pretty much a rough hellhound.)

Knowing the origin of the name 'Cyntara' may help in developing the rest of the name. There will be Cyntara (always known as the original and most important) and there will be Cyntara _______! The only restrictions I have are that it MUST be Cyntara ______. It MUST start with Cyntara, and it CANNOT have more/less power in the name than Cyntara.

Examples (which will not be used for lack of creativity, and dont fit the cyntara feeling):

- Cyntara Heroes
- Cyntara Undead

Examples (which will not be used because they show power over/under cyntara):

- Cyntara baby Server
- Cyntara Redefined

All four were developed by me, and will not be used, due to violating my only contest rules.

The winner (with the most votes) will receive 30 points, and public credit to the server name!
I wish my players best of luck!

Red

Well, since you didn't mention if we could only have one entry or not, I have two.

Cyntara Iunctus
Iunctus is the Latin word for "united," or "joined together." It doesn't imply that either is lesser or greater, just that they are connected and share a common bond.

Cyntara Simulacrum

Simulacrum, defined as "a slight, unreal, or superficial likeness or semblance." It means that while the server is outwardly alike Cyntara (the map, the quests, the spawns, etc.) the inside (the players), are different.

if the new server will be a war/more pvp-e than this one

Cyntara Enforced

If its non-pvp

Cyntara Guardia?

If its just a normal server,

Cyntara Galaxy

Just some names i pulled out of my ass :)

if the new server will be a war/more pvp-e than this one

Cyntara Enforced

If its non-pvp

Cyntara Guardia?

If its just a normal server,

Cyntara Galaxy

Just some names i pulled out of my ass :)
obvious:p:D

My inspiration was to find a latin word that pertains to together or togetherness. It is the perfect word. It has meaning that fits with the majestic beast known as Chimera, and also is the perfect word to unite the two servers.

Cyntara Confero: to bring together, to put together

*Cyntara Continuus: connected together, continuous

*I prefer this because it has more of a deeper meaning. The Chimera is connected together, forever (continuiously if you will :thumbup:). This will also be relevant to the new sister server, together forever.

Chimeras are a whole bunch of different things depending on what lens you view them through, that is, in different mythologies they are different things. There are actual chimeras too, bio-genetically engineered animals that have obvious physical features of multiple animals are known as chimeras. Basically a chimera is a combination of creatures no matter how you look at it.

I can't think of a good way to use that to help though...
Everything I think up is a name that sucks or sounds ultra-cheezy so I'll just leave it at that lol.

Cyntara Simbiosis

Is a latin word that means brotherhood/unity.. More like a team or like a family that is together.

Cyntara HOLYFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
or
Cyntara >9000
I think ^ is a winner.. tbch

Back