• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Convert any map to 7.6

Peonso

Godly Member
Solutions
Reaction score
The conversor is a library written for NodeJS, it uses Forby's OTBM2JSON(Inconcessus/OTBM2JSON) as dependency. You can use this on any map and you will get a 7.6 conversion, notice that it's a hand made conversion table made by me, so it's not perfect.

NodeJS is required.

1 - Unzip this to a folder, add your map, rename it to map.otb and run autorun.bat.
2 - After some seconds it will ask to press any key to continue, do it and it will close, converted_map.otbm should be added to the folder.
3 - Rename your house and spawn file to converted_map-house.xml and converted_map-spawn.xml
4 - Now go to menu bar, press "Map", than press "Cleanup...". Save it.
@Forby

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
the server is having problem to load a map converted from 8.0 to 7.6 with this files
i did all the steps the map looks good in the map editor but i get the message the map need updated items.otb
im using tfs 1.2 - 7.72
could u help me @Peonso pls?

the server is having problem to load a map converted from 8.0 to 7.6 with this files
i did all the steps the map looks good in the map editor but i get the message the map need updated items.otb
im using tfs 1.2 - 7.72
could u help me @Peonso pls?
open and save the map with the items.otb from tfs 1.2 or skip check the items.otb in sources

open and save the map with the items.otb from tfs 1.2 or skip check the items.otb in sources
You mean that I should move the items.otb from the datapack 1.2 to my rme then open and save it? I did.
Also the otb version seems to be the same in 0.4 and 1.2 it's pretty weird

just skip check items.otb in sources i think it is on iomap
It's at items.cpp I committed that too :(
Buy I'll check the file you mentioned thanks
Post automatically merged:

im still getting error although the map seems to be 100% good and properly converted.
im getting error map need updated items.otb and failed to create items in x zone seems to be everywhere although in the map the ids seems to match with a 7.6 map
1.png

or does anyone knows how to load 8.0 map into a 7.7 server?
i tried changing the otb version but without succes @Olddies

Last edited:
You mean that I should move the items.otb from the datapack 1.2 to my rme then open and save it? I did.
Also the otb version seems to be the same in 0.4 and 1.2 it's pretty weird
Try to load with OTHire. With TFS 1.2 are you using? You sure it's a 7.72 distribution?

@Peonso so with this library is it even possible to make a more efficient bulk find&replace item IDs than the limited one on RME? 🤔

Try to load with OTHire. With TFS 1.2 are you using? You sure it's a 7.72 distribution?
It's OTX 3 based on tfs 1.2. I discovered that there are still invalid tiles that's the problem I did all steps... Something weird is happening because of the tiles the map that I'm trying to downgrade it's an 8.0 map for tfs 1.2 @Peonso
I know it's not the server because its loading other maps

Last edited:
@Peonso so with this library is it even possible to make a more efficient bulk find&replace item IDs than the limited one on RME? 🤔
Yeah.
It's OTX 3 based on tfs 1.2. I discovered that there are still invalid tiles that's the problem I did all steps... Something weird is happening because of the tiles the map that I'm trying to downgrade it's an 8.0 map for tfs 1.2 @Peonso
I know it's not the server because its loading other maps
You made step 4? You can load those other maps in the same RME without problem? They are saved with the same proprieties?

Yeah.

You made step 4? You can load those other maps in the same RME without problem? They are saved with the same proprieties?
Ofc I did the step 4, something weird
It's that in.properties I check map version and it's still showing 8.0 but the IDs are 7.6.... I converted again with rme to 7.6 still no success in loading it. I'm trying to convert realera 8.0 for tfs 1.2

Ofc I did the step 4, something weird
It's that in.properties I check map version and it's still showing 8.0 but the IDs are 7.6.... I converted again with rme to 7.6 still no success in loading it. I'm trying to convert realera 8.0 for tfs 1.2
Make sure it matchs the settings as other 7.6 maps that are loading.

video, step i did

ok i checked that the map isn't being changed of protocol so. i did this
i opened the map as step four i went to map and i pressed cleanup.
so then i checked and the map was still 8.0 so i converted with rme to 7.6 (does not matter i do this or not the map is still with errors like) :

1.png

and i keep on deleting items but always appears same errors but in others places

Can I use it in more detail? Maybe there is some manual?

video, step i did

ok i checked that the map isn't being changed of protocol so. i did this
i opened the map as step four i went to map and i pressed cleanup.
so then i checked and the map was still 8.0 so i converted with rme to 7.6 (does not matter i do this or not the map is still with errors like) :

View attachment 42022

and i keep on deleting items but always appears same errors but in others places
Which item is 1738?

It's probably something wrong with items inside containers with the script. Too long I made the script, I have no idea what it could be.

Back