• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CoronaVirus- What's your status?

DonHagman

Chill'Reward2014
Reaction score
Hello,

I make this thread to open up the oppertunity to share your thoughs, experiences or potential fears due to the worldwide outbreak of Covid-19.

As alot of countrys close borders, isolating it's citizens and cancelling events, some might be reacting very different from eachothers afterall.
Therefor I am interested to hear how the situation is where you at, and how it may affect your normal life.

So lets start with myself, I live in Stockholm, Sweden. At the moment it feel like nobody knows whatsup, and new information or directions may apply anytime. We, the citizens, have been recommended to work from home as much as possible. Schools of all kinds might close down from next week for unknown time.
Alot of people are loosing, or will loose, their jobs.
People are raiding supermarkers and soon we might use toiletpaper as new money.

Personally I'm not afraid of the virus itself, but fear the consequences for the society. I fear the future might be much harder than any of us could imagine, due to financial crisic and high-rate unemployement. But hey, life goes on afterall..

--------

So, how is your current state in this outbreak?

Tips&Trix during isolation?

Is this a nightmare or every gamers secret dream?

Last edited:
Spanish Here;

Situation is pretty bad, hospitals in Madrid are collapsed, infections keep on going up everyday, 13,910 infected right now in Spain, this afternoon they'll update the data, so probably it will be around 15,000. Tomorrow we will pass Iran, and we will be the third country with most infections, seeing the rate of growth and how retarded the moves of the government are we can expect to pass Italy in two weeks.

From what I see, we are fucking stupid in Europe, and it proves how our culture is not prepare for this, in Asia when countries like Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, got like 10 cases they started to act, closing borders with China, etc. Here in Europe we start acting when we reach 2k or 3k infected, its ridiculous.

It is most dangerous for old people starting at 50+ old, but since hospitals gets collapsed since its highly infectious the mortality rates goes up, here we have perfectly healthy 30 years old guys who don't smoke, workout daily that are in critical conditions. This thing is no joke, and once the whole situation comes back to normal we can expect to get into a huge economical crisis and the political situation is going to change, expect to have a new wave of Ultra-Right Wing political parties controlling the most important European countries, since people are going to be very angry with how all those Left-Wing parties dealed with the situation. (Looking at you Merkel).

@Hamsy

Thanks for you input and view from where you at. I've heard that Spain took a big hit in this, and especially Madrid. I wish you well.
I believe indeed that this is bringing alot of truth to the light. Political changes will be made in the future, that's for sure.

@Hamsy

Thanks for you input and view from where you at. I've heard that Spain took a big hit in this, and especially Madrid. I wish you well.
I believe indeed that this is bringing alot of truth to the light. Political changes will be made in the future, that's for sure.

Welcome :) And thanks a lot. I was actually in Madrid last week since I have there my second home, things weren't looking very pretty and there were rumors that they were about to close the city, so I took my car and left to the north of Spain on Friday, here I am relatively safe; while in Madrid there are over 5,000 cases, here only 200.

Yes, Italy warned us for many weeks and we didn't do anything.

The problem is that there is a lot of misinformation going on from even the government, since they are to afraid to paralyze consumption and the economy but they do not realize that if the virus spreads a lot in a country it will destroy the economy even more.

2 weeks ago the government was saying things like: "its just a flu", "no need to suspend activities events, etc", "the healthcare system is prepared". All were lies to calm the population, what they achieved was people not taking it seriously, and this thing had spread everywhere. The data we are collecting today are cause by infections a week or two ago.

If you guys want advice;

-Stock up, buy non perishable food.
-Avoid crowded places and public transport.
-Avoid hospitals.
-Wash your hand a lot, A LOT, and always with soap.
-Get mentally ready, this thing is going to spread very fast and there is not even one single country in Europe who took it seriously, therefore expect quarantines, Get mentally ready for it, 2 weeks minimum at home. And don't say things like (Haha, I've spent my whole life playing games at home, i am ready for it) No you're not, it is not the same spending days at home because you want to, than because you have to.

Any questions you guys have feel free to ask me.

It seems the lockdown in China had an unintended benefit -- blue skies.

A fall in oil and steel production, and a reduction in air travel has contributed to a fall in emissions.

Perhaps it’s the planet’s way of telling humans to take it easy on the whole “exploitation of the earth” thing we’ve been doing for centuries. It’s time for priorities to be re-evaluated.

Madrid is a clear example on how fast that thing can spread and if goverments don't act (not react) quick things can get very bad very fast. Luckly the rest of Spain didn't get hit that hard but still we are taking measures.

Keep in mind this virus can live inside your body for many days and may be able to spread while you don't have any symptoms at all... you may not even show all symptoms (fever/cough/tired) but still be infected... So in a day to day normal life you may infect dozens of persons around you without knowing.

I wish other countries would take harder decissions sooner because this is not something you see it coming and the virus doesn't care about which country your are or what language you speak.

Also - if you are in a lockdown like we are in Spain. Respect the lockdown. It doesn't work if you try to trick the system - it will only work if we all do it.

This is not something you see in your family or friends (if you are lucky enough), the amount of infected compared to population is barely a 0.02% but that doesn't mean it's something we shouldn't take care of.

Last edited:
Venezuela is on the verge of collapse, for now there are few looting in various parts of the country, the few people who can buy food only in the morning have been allowed. They have allowed them to enter supermarkets if you have masks (most are misusing thems). Taking into mind that the majority of the people go out to search to survive daily.
PD: This will be chaos in a few more days with the lootings. The implosion is coming, I hope so.

The US is behind a lot of the europe countries, but things are getting worse every day, as i'm sure it is everywhere. In my state they have stopped allowing dining in restaurants, and bars. only carry out or delivery orders. Grocery stores are out of most of the essentials, and they sale out as soon as more come basically. All schools are basically shut down, They are starting to close down state borders soon I think. I work in a massive toyota factory and we are still cranking cars out unfortunately, 10,000 people in one building is not a good thing right now. Honda just shut down all their car factories for 6 days I think. People need to stop buying cars!! Hang in there guys, hopefully we will all make it out

My country isn't taking the nescesary measures... Everything is a mess, I was orderer to not go to the office until things get better. There are two people infected on a town next to mine already.

Situation in Norway is quite chill atm, We recently had our first few deaths tho. But Stores are still stacked with food and only certain people are mass buying supplies, not all of us.

things here in Brazil are pretty chill yet, the only out of stock thing is the hand sanitizer 😁 I hope they find a vacine soon, before things get worse, for everyone.

BoO4WJJ.png

(world map link)

things here in Brazil are pretty chill yet, the only out of stock thing is the hand sanitizer 😁 I hope they find a vacine soon, before things get worse, for everyone.

BoO4WJJ.png

(world map link)
Do not expect a vaccine soon. They started the testings - so about a year so it can be provided to us if all goes fine

Do not expect a vaccine soon. They started the testings - so about a year so it can be provided to us if all goes fine

The US is expecting the vaccine to be out next year, around May.

China will more likely have it out this year, at September, since they do not follow the same health standards, and they don't have that much bureaucracy...

The US is expecting the vaccine to be out next year, around May.

China will more likely have it out this year, at September, since they do not follow the same health standards, and they don't have that much bureaucracy...
I doubt its out sept this year for everyone. But hey! we never know :D

Depends on how effective it is.
Imagine an scenario where China is giving the vaccine to their citizens and they fix the problems, of course the neighboring countries will use the vaccine too, as well as their allies, Iran and Russia, then the US and Europe will look like complete morons allowing people to die because of bureaucracy and we could expect people to demand it, that would make us become flexible and demand the vaccine.

Depends on how effective it is.
Imagine an scenario where China is giving the vaccine to their citizens and they fix the problems, of course the neighboring countries will use the vaccine too, as well as their allies, Iran and Russia, then the US and Europe will look like complete morons allowing people to die because of bureaucracy and we could expect people to demand it, that would make us become flexible and demand the vaccine.
Do not forget about side effects, FDA (talking about the US) isn't here just for fun. Vaccines need to be thoroughly tested, that's why it would take a long time, not because the government wants to screw us over.

Back