• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Count of players in damagemap

Michael Orsino

Premium User
Premium User
Support Team
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to count the number of players in the damagemap of a creature (in this case, a player)
What would be the best way of achieving this?

Kind regards,
Michael

EDIT:
To be more specific please see the below code.
I wish to count the number of players in the damage map so that I can divide the EXP between the killers, rather than apply the full exp formula to each killer.

Code:
dofile("war_config.lua")

-- CREDIT TO NINJA @ OTLAND FOR THE BASE SCRIPT
-- REF: https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-0-experience-from-killing-higher-level-players.212691/#post-2039964

function onKill(cid, target, lastHit)

local attackPlayer = Player(target)

local reward = {
            item = rewardItem,
            count = rewardCount
            }

if not attackPlayer then
        return true
    end

for id, damage in pairs(attackPlayer:getDamageMap()) do

local player = Player(id)
        if player then
            if player:getIp() ~= target:getIp() then
                local experience = attackPlayer:getExperience()
                local expFormula = (experience * expMultiplier)
                local bonusExpFormula = (experience * bonusExpMultiplier)
--standard reward
                player:addExperience(math.floor(expFormula), true)
                player:addItem(reward.item, reward.count)
                player:setStorageValue(fragStor, player:getStorageValue(fragStor) + 1)

--bonus GOLD
                if player:getStorageValue(doubleFragRewardStor) >= 1 then
                    player:addItem(reward.item, reward.count)
                    player:setStorageValue(doubleFragRewardStor, player:getStorageValue(doubleFragRewardStor) -1)
                    player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "Bonus frag reward added! " .. player:getStorageValue(doubleFragRewardStor) .. " bonus frags remaining!")

end
--bonus EXP
                if player:getLevel() <= maximumLevel and player:getStorageValue(extraExpStor) >= 1 then
                    player:addExperience(math.floor(bonusExpFormula), true)
                    player:setStorageValue(extraExpStor, player:getStorageValue(extraExpStor) - 1)
                    player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "Bonus frag EXP added! " .. player:getStorageValue(extraExpStor) .. " bonus frags remaining!")
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

Last edited:
Unfortunately this returns 0, but I think it is on the right path. I just can't think of how to accomplish it.
It needs to look at the damagemap of the target, and count the number of attackerId - I think, anyway.

Back