• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Crashes.

KaczooH

Co tu wpisac?
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm using the latest (683) revision. After almost a week of the really great hosting - uptime 24h+, any crashes (only this issue with CPU bug), restarts when I needed it not when server crashed - it was great.

It started to be quite strange tomorrow. As far as I remember I didn't change anything in data dictionary. I checked everything - database is correct, !createguild doesn't crash server. First crash was at ~8AM after a several hours of uptime. I thought that maybe something other caused it so I restarted my PC, looked throw the processes in Task Manager - it was all ok. Then it was stable for... 1-2h. After that there was a SERIES of crashes - one by one. I turned on autorestarter - server was crashing just a while after players loged in. No info that process has made an error (I dunno rly how it's exactly in eng Windows, XP btw), TheForgottenServer.exe process with icon were just disappearing.

Since then I knew that not my fault for sure. Somebody know how to crash the server. It's not the DDoS attack, just an immediate crash. I was told (player told me) that he seen when somebody was counting "3 2 1" and then the server was crashing. He was standing near depot and houses. No monsters where there.

Now I'm stuck. I'm looking for a solution. What can it be? Help me please!

Yours, KaczooH

Sometimes I have the same problem.

What can you do?

Reset all player positions and conditions. Also reset the conditions of all databse items (player items, depot and tile items). It solved my problem.

I restarted the player position (conditions?)

What do you mean by reseting conditions of database item? Just cleaning it?

He means that u delete your sql database and reinstall it!

He meant:
* Change all players positions to temple and remove their conditions -> UPDATE player SET xpos = 31, ypos = 31, zpos = 7, conditions = ''; <- not sure about the condtions field since its BLOB (binary)
* remove all the items conditions (Set the conditions to nothing)

I changed pos of players to temple. What will I get by setting conditions to 0? And could you give me a php code with query cause I don't really know what do you mean by removing items conditions.

Will it solve the problem temporary or forever?

Code:
UPDATE `players` SET `conditions` = '';

use this query for clean conditions ;)

And what about this items (that's what I don't understand)

Excuse me, the items "conditions" are called attributes on the database.

Code:
UPDATE `player_items` SET `attributes` = '';
UPDATE `player_depotitems` SET `attributes` = '';
UPDATE `tile_items` SET `attributes` = '';

It didn't solve the problem. I figured out that PVP causes it. I'm almost sure that this is it.

Can somebody think out the idea why it's like this? The server got 50 players, when ~10-15 of them are doing pvp on screen (sd, ue, melees [I've got fast attack x2], etc) the server crashes. It's all on core 2 duo 1.8GHz. Any idea? My players are going to kill me.

Some of players suspect that one player is cloning/copying items in houses awhile crash.
That's true that some of them DO! Before server crash they take items from house to depo. After crash (server save isn't every 1 second) the items are in houses and in depo!

Last edited:
[16/03/2008 09:54:06] Xanox Orcarius has logged in.
[16/03/2008 09:54:39] Warning: [Protocol::RSA_decrypt]. First byte != 0
[16/03/2008 09:54:51] Kejrolek has logged in.
[16/03/2008 09:54:55] Warning: [Protocol::RSA_decrypt]. First byte != 0

What about it?

Back