• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Crashing after few hours online, when using /reload commands. ( windows and linux)

johnsamir

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello community

I'm using nekiro 8.6 with real map and files. The server is crahing after a couple of hours online, when i do a reload. Not sure yet if it's related to npc folder i used gm commands like /save /reload npcs /reload talkactions and could see an error after use this commands past few hours of the server online
the strange part is that this only occurs if i do reloads in the server after hours of stay online. This does not happen if i do reload after 1hour or two or minutes, it has to be plenty hours.
Opened the server via cmd and i saw this
Lua:
[Warning - NpcScriptInterface::loadNpcLib] Can not load data/npc/lib/npc.lua
and much errors displaying that npc.xml files couldn't be found. also i noticed that it scrub xampp
This occurs in linux and windows i have tested both OS

any ideas?

This occurs in linux and windows i have tested both OS

any ideas?
Most of servers you can download from forum have bugged scripts that give crash on reload. I must say that I don't know any production OTS that is stable after /reload.
On Kasteria we could only reload globalevents and talkactions without risking crash. It did not always occur when we type '/reload actions', but always few hours/minutes after typing /reload server crashed and without typing /reload it worked without crash for months.
I know few otservbr-global 12.x servers admins. They also restart server after any change in LUA scripts as /reload make server crash.

/reload command is for development, you make new script, fix bugs and you can test, if it works without restarting whole server.

Try this libs, I use the same distribution ^^
data/npc/lib
thank bro. but sadly im using other npc libraries relaera 8.0. they might be a bit outdated yes.
i use it beucase i like old npc talk system and don't want to use newer system >.<
or do you know how to make it work like in 7.72?

Most of servers you can download from forum have bugged scripts that give crash on reload. I must say that I don't know any production OTS that is stable after /reload.
On Kasteria we could only reload globalevents and talkactions without risking crash. It did not always occur when we type '/reload actions', but always few hours/minutes after typing /reload server crashed and without typing /reload it worked without crash for months.
I know few otservbr-global 12.x servers admins. They also restart server after any change in LUA scripts as /reload make server crash.

/reload command is for development, you make new script, fix bugs and you can test, if it works without restarting whole server.
yes, have noticed. the same occurs in tfs 0.4 too tfs 1.x is not as stable as all dev says . there's nothing i can do apart from not doing reload?
it's pretty neccesary in this stage of development of my ot, since im testing it with a bunch of people that are helping me
and im sure that they won't will be able or wont will want wait after every minimal change requeried in the server

Last edited:
it doesnt have to be server being not stable, but your datapack having memory leaks.
could be. im going to check with the clean datapack. but it might occur aswell. in the case that it might be my datapack how can i exactly view where the error is?

it doesnt have to be server being not stable, but your datapack having memory leaks.
Ye. That's what I mean. Server C++ handles everything fine, but some LUA script use 'addEvent' or global variables that get reset on /reload.
could be. im going to check with the clean datapack. but it might occur aswell. in the case that it might be my datapack how can i exactly view where the error is?
There is no easy way to do that. Get crash.. use 'gdb' to find reason and maaaaybe it will show which LUA function generated it.Then review whole datapack searching for code with that function and find out why it's bugged.
It's probably related to 'PROBLEM 2' from my LUA for TFS 1.x tutorial:

As soon as you install 3-5 'rl tibia quests' from forum, you can be sure one of them is bugged.

Back