• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating a 7.4 server

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
So, I've been messing around for weeks trying to put one together.

I've found several different distros, but I keep running into problems with all of em. (OThire, RealOTX, OTX 2, OTX 3, Tfs 1.2 7.4)

I know that pretty much all 7.4 servers that are up nowadays are actually 7.72 mimicking 7.4

What is the most preferable one to use? Does one exist thats not chock full of bugs?

Is it me, or does every single one of these released distributions have major flaws that require some code changes before use? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, and it could be entirely just my own ignorance, but I seem to be having some major difficulty putting this together :)

With OTHire, I can't seem to figure out how to compile it in 64 bit. Nothing I do seems to work. Trying to use the x32 it comes with, it refuses to load the items.otb (I know the 32 vs 64 has nothing to do with that, just stating 2 different problems)

RealOTX, OTX 2, and OTX 3 I get weird bugs constantly. I've managed to get them to work, but I crash every few minutes. (sometimes with something I did like spamming spells, sometimes just for no reason)

bleh.

I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction of which distro is preferable at the moment to set up a 7.4 server. I don't mind to do some scripting, but I'm not a C++ programmer, and I'd rather not take the years necessary to learn C++.

Does there exist a distribution out there that is ready to to use and (relatively) missing game breaking bugs?

I've spent TONS of time trying each one of these individually, to no avail. I'll not give up on it, but I'd at least like to get the community opinion on which one is worth the effort.

realotx= otx2
I recommend using otx2. Realotx its only one datapack... In all cases, whatever the case, you will have to work hard. :p

It depends on how much effort you want to put on your projects. Let's be simple and clear, if you're looking for something more stable I would highly recommend you learning C++, LUA and others. You can built your own from scratch by downgrading latest The Forgotten Server to 7.x.

I wouldn't recommend you to go with "OTX" version since the time or effort you will put on this, you could invest this by working on a fresh project which will be totally worth in near future. You will get more support on OTLand forums with The Forgotten Server engine, after all it has more active contributor and updates.

Back