• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Creating new items.otb

Itutorial

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
So I am trying to create a clean items.otb.

I made sure it is the correct one for the server. I removed all code in actions, movevents, mounts, outfits, weapons, ect xml files.

The server closes whenever I try to open it.

Does anyone know the solution?

Solution
Just copy one from RME 3.3.
OpenTibia - [RME 3.3] RME Modification 3 (https://otland.net/threads/rme-3-3-rme-modification-3.235972/)

Run TFS through a terminal to view the output after it closes.
Trying to create a clean items.otb? Like a fresh one? I mean if you have a fresh items.otb, and it is the correct version, it must be something else that is crashing the server. What is the error that you are getting?

What client are you using?
You can always try the items.otb from Remere's map editor, in most cases it works flawlessly and in other cases you might have to edit some items.

Also try setting
Lua:
 startupDatabaseOptimization = false
in config.lua

Last edited:
I will try the database false. Also, there is only 1 item and that's grass lol. So, as I said im using a completely clean items.otb and I did make sure its the correct version, ect.

Changing that to false just took away the message before it closes.

I feel like it is when its drawing the map. I am not sure though. There is just 1 type of tile in the map right now and it is grass.

Just copy one from RME 3.3.
OpenTibia - [RME 3.3] RME Modification 3 (https://otland.net/threads/rme-3-3-rme-modification-3.235972/)

Run TFS through a terminal to view the output after it closes.

Solution
That did it nice. Was able to see the errors. Just a couple items on the map I forgot about (didn't exist after I made new items.otb)

Back