• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating you own Palette

scheisse

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
Hey people,

i am using RME 3.2 and i wanted to ask if there is any possibilities to make your own palette.

the problem is, i am using many different sprites very often. each of them can only be found in a different palette or i have to scroll very long to find it.

It takes a lot of time.

so i wanted to add all the sprites i need to one certain palette, to get an overwiev and to map mopre efficiently.

if this isnt possible, is there any other solution for my problem??

thanks for answers

Go to RME directory, data>(Version u using)>tilesets.xml and edit it by ur preferences. Ur pallete will be in RAW

Code:
    <tileset name="My stuff">
        <raw>
            <item id="999"/>
            <item id="666"/>
        </raw>
    </tileset>

i tried this, but i get an error message:

"Could not open tilesets.xml (file not found or syntax error)
Error while loading file "tilessets.xml":"

i did exactly the way you told me to do it. i picked out the items i want to have in a single palette and simply typed their IDs in the way you told me in your example. i even compared what i did to the original to prevent mistakes. but it still didnt work.

can somebody explain me how to solve this problem in a simple language. i have no clues about computers

thnkas

this is how i typed it:

"
<tileset name=“My stuff“>

<raw>
<item id=“18853“/>
<item id=“18854“/>
<item id=“18855“/>
<item id=“18856“/>
<item id=“18857“/>
<item id=“18858“/>
<item id=“18859“/>
<item id=“18860“/>

</raw>
</tileset>"

the "other" palette is just too big and it contains very much items, so i need to to sort them.

thats why i need to take some items from the "others" palette and add it into a new palette.

the solution above didnt work, so i want to find the item-ids that i need in the data and cut and paste them in the palette i need. but i cant find the "others" palette in the data.

can somebody help me? cuz i cant continue mapping with the sprites i need.

Last edited:
Back