• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua CreatureScript Interface "deathList" problem.

Vikarious

Reaction score
I'm using The Forgotten Server - Version 0.2.13 (Mystic Spirit). and I set up to test a script of quest. It's a quest of the type you kill X creature and return for reward.

NPC loads fine, everything seems to load fine.

When I get quest, and I start to kill the creature I see this error in concole for each creature I kill:

[14/08/2012 13:28:49] Lua Script Error: [CreatureScript Interface]
[14/08/2012 13:28:49] data/creaturescripts/scripts/task/rotworm task.lua:eek:nDeath
[14/08/2012 13:28:50] data/creaturescripts/scripts/task/rotworm task.lua:4: attempt to index local 'deathList' (a number value)
[14/08/2012 13:28:50] stack traceback:
[14/08/2012 13:28:50] [C]: in function '__index'
[14/08/2012 13:28:50] data/creaturescripts/scripts/task/rotworm task.lua:4: in function <data/creaturescripts/scripts/task/rotworm task.lua:3>

Script follows:
Code:
local storage = 5555

function onDeath(cid, corpse, deathList)
    local killer = deathList[1]
    local monster = getCreatureName(cid)
    local rotworm = getPlayerStorageValue(killer, storage)
    if ((monster:lower() == 'rotworm') and not isInArray({-1, 10}, rotworm)) then
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(killer, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'You need to kill '.. 10 - rotworm ..' rotworm.')
        setPlayerStorageValue(killer, storage, rotworm + 1)
    elseif rotworm == 10 then
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(killer, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'You have killed enough rotworm. Come back and talk to NPC for a possible reward.') 
    end
    return true
end

For test porpuses I give you the NPC script too:
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)
local talkState = {}

function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)            npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                    npcHandler:onThink()                    end

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return false
    end

local talkUser = NPCHANDLER_CONVBEHAVIOR == CONVERSATION_DEFAULT and 0 or cid
    local quest = 5555

if msgcontains(msg, 'task') or msgcontains(msg, 'mission') or msgcontains(msg, 'quest') then
		if (getPlayerStorageValue(cid, quest) == -1) then
             selfSay("Heh... If I want you to do a task? Sure... Can you kill 10 rotmwors for me?{Yes}? {No}?", cid)
             talkState[talkUser] = 2
	         elseif (getPlayerStorageValue(cid, quest) == 11) then 
		     selfSay("Hm... You already helped me a lot, do not need more of you here, thanks!", cid)
             talkState[talkUser] = 0
			 elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'task') or msgcontains(msg, 'mission') or msgcontains(msg, 'quest')) then
			if (getPlayerStorageValue(cid, quest) < 10) then
                selfSay("Hm... You're already helping me. How many have you killed?", cid)
                talkState[talkUser]= 0
			 elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'task') or msgcontains(msg, 'mission')  or msgcontains(msg, 'quest')) then
		    if (getPlayerStorageValue(cid, quest) == 10) then
		      selfSay("I see you have completed your task!", cid)
		       selfSay("You've done well! As a small reward I give you this steel boots!", cid)
               doPlayerAddExp(cid, 5000)
               doSendAnimatedText(getPlayerPosition(cid), "5000", TEXTCOLOR_WHITE_EXP)
               doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2645, 1)
               setPlayerStorageValue(cid, quest, 11) -- Finished
            end
			end
		end
	elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'yes')) then
					selfSay("Okay, good hunt! When you finish come to me and say {complete}. {Bye} for now.", cid)
					setPlayerStorageValue(cid, quest, 1)
					talkState[talkUser]= 0

elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'no')) and (talkState[talkUser] == 2) then
					selfSay("No problem then!", cid)
					talkState[talkUser]= 0

end

end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

I think that if I could change the function "onDeath" or something like this, it would work. But I really don't know how could I replace or fix it.

Thanks in advance!!

[14/08/2012 13:28:50] data/creaturescripts/scripts/task/rotworm task.lua:4: attempt to index local 'deathList' (a number value)
It means you cannot index it like array, and thats what you did XD
The same thing will happen if you do
local a = 1
a[1] = 3
^^

Back