• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom OTs Sprites Question

PvP God

Full Time God
Reaction score
Skip to the "Q" if you don't give a damn about sob stories.

Alright, firstly, no, this is NOT a request thread or anything like that, I'm not asking for sprites(although if you know a reliable source of small custom 2D free-of-copyright sprites, you're welcome to share), its more of a copyright issue than anything.

I've a question, let me begin with some explanations.

The reason for which I need as much information on the following topic as I can get is: I'm working on a small project of my own, admittedly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Tibia engine, however, it is a 2D game and I'm looking for as many "free"(non copyright?) sprites as I can get in order to reduce the probability of legal issues in a future.

Now that I've explained the reasoning behind why I felt the need to post this, here is my question without any further delay.

Q: Where do ALL of the sprites Dragon Ball / Naruto / Pokémon OTs have come from?

Specifying a bit: After a lot of research I found that -most- of the sprites in these OTs were ripped from official console games, such as Pokémon and Dragon Ball Z GBA games. There however are some sprites in these OTs that do not look like they should exist in their respective universe, this leads me to believe that the OT admins created said sprites themselves.

Here you have a few examples of the sprites I'm talking about, I ripped them from the .SPR of a Dragon Ball OT. There are also some recolored versions I'm not posting, are these sprites ripped from somewhere? if not, will there be any issue on using them(in case they were created by the OT admins I doubt I should worry about copyright).

Some of them look like and probably are modified Tibia sprites, if that's the case, would it be legal to use them(the modified Tibia sprites) or are they also under CipSoft's copyright?.

Thanks for reading and any help provided. (7^_^)7

That 40325 is elixir from MapleStory. There are few types of them, the one here is just an example.

Power_Elixir.jpg

28411 is from MapleStory also.
32908 looks like modified red bean sundae.
Probably more from MapleStory but I haven't played it for few years.

Last edited:
That 40325 is elixir from MapleStory. There are few types of them, the one here is just an example.

Power_Elixir.jpg

28411 is from MapleStory also.
32908 looks like modified red bean sundae.
Probably more from MapleStory but I haven't played it for few years.

Thank you for the prompt reply!

That's what I feared, infact, out of all the sprites I linked, that elixir was the only one I intended to use, I guess I'll have to put some real effort into finding the right sprites, very disappointing.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for clarifying my doubt.

32534 - Royal Legs from Ascalon
19091 - Looks like "exeta con" spell animation.

Back