• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

D&D tibia OT?

BiG Ray

Reaction score
Hello all.
so a week ago i was asked to dm(dungeon master) for our discord group. as we are all new to dnd and the virtual tools you can use with it i began thinking about tibiaot's and its traits that would be useful in dnd such as its view. the map editing ease/ability with remeres, monsters being customizable and lua scripting.
my general ideas are:
- having a gm role for dungeon master following a group as they explore a "campaign" map
- dice roll scripts?
-monsters don't move but are movable by gm

To be honest I'm excited about this and seeing as this is for my group and i's personal use i don't need a "player base". just posting this to ask people more experienced in how hosting an ot is now compared to how it was done while I did things in the past.
any comments and thoughts welcome.
as a gift to the community. a sprite i made once upon a time

Solution
Really? i dont see how it would be pointless. essentially the players are only getting the abilty to walk around areas and investigate tables, blood splatters etc. the storytelling is still reliant on a dm and dice rolls because the monsters u see are unmoving untargetting "pieces"
Because all of this can be scripted and automated :p
Really? i dont see how it would be pointless. essentially the players are only getting the ability to walk around areas and investigate tables, blood splatters etc. the storytelling is still reliant on a dm and dice rolls because the monsters u see are unmoving untargetting "pieces"

Really? i dont see how it would be pointless. essentially the players are only getting the abilty to walk around areas and investigate tables, blood splatters etc. the storytelling is still reliant on a dm and dice rolls because the monsters u see are unmoving untargetting "pieces"

Solution
for others maybe. but for me on a personal project......I mean I'm not about to write hundreds of npc dialogue scripts for any possible way my group would want to deal with an npc, or really any sort of creative way to dealing with any situation would be insane to plan and script for.
although maybe I'm starting to see it may just not be worth the investment in the long run for just the ability for players to move and investigate dungeons on their own.

Last edited:
Back