• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Daaaaaamnnnn help

Pro Eep

Mapper&scripter
Reaction score
Hello.

Today i Fucked all my lua script and how i can get back they to normal all is .lua but when i click on them they open as notepad

If i click my lua it opens as notepad.. But they are still Lua.. I don't quite get your problem... Nothing is wrong with that, you're meant to be able to edit via notepad lol

You probably made Notepad to be the default application for opening *.lua files.
You can change it back to normal, I don't remember how tho.

Mind your language or I'll give you a warning!

explain your problem with detail then
if it shows a Notepad icon then its because you have the default application set to Notepad

Its possible that .lnk or .exe in your windows (or what you have) doesn't work properly anymore. You can download a lnk and exe repair and this will solve the problem.

Last edited:
Or you can save your files again as .lua but change the file type in save menu to all files and not word document. However, you may need to rename them to e.g. "name.lua" to "name" Then reopen in notepad and click save as, name it as "name.lua" and change type to all files. It should be fine.

Depens on what his problem is. If he automaticly opens every file in notepad, and when he changes it to an other program, then all files open automaticly with that program (so every file, not only files of the same type). Then his lnk (for shortcuts) or exe file (in windows) is damaged, this can only be fixed with lnk or exe repair.

Yh but i think what he is saying is when he has edited lua files and saved, he saved them as a text document that has .lua at the end of it.

So what he needs to do is resave it under the file type: All files and not Text Document or w,e. It happens to me when i make new xml's and luas and forget. It takes 2 seconds to fix (depending on how many files)

Pro Eep, when you opened your .lua you used open > notepad but didn't uncheck the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file right?

Back
Top Bottom