• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Webdesign Dark | Template

Core_

Solutions
Reaction score
MY NEW DESIGN IS HERE, CAN'T COME UP WITH A NAME SO I NAMED IT "DARK".

FbRnKP.png

Did you know most of the computer monitors are wide screen by width, not height? :p

I think that designing websites where low resolution laptops etc have to actually scroll to view the news is a bad template design. I don't understand why its so popular to make template designs built for height and not width.

Last edited:
Well, it might look a little thin on some monitors, but I personally like it that way for a design for such purpose, and I don't think its bad to scroll down to read older news.
Anyway I might try to create another one more width orientated or whatever, but I don't know what you have in mind, maybe some examples to fresh up my mind :p?

How it currently looks you cant even watch the first news properly.

Lemme do a small "emulation": 720p laptops:
4ffd200063d12.jpg

As you can see, the first news is like cutted in half, and you need to scroll down to read it. Along with the other news.
And this is "friendly emulation". I did not consider windows line at bot of screen, or bigass browser headers like Internet Explorer.

Now, lemme show my paint skills and attempt to display a widescreen version.

There is a limit to how much I can modify your current template with MS PAINT. But challenge accepted!
4ffd2066023fa.jpg

I personally think thats pretty awesome, there are ofcourse some tweaks to do like perhaps making the white boxes "Community", "highscores" appear on the side as well or smt.

You would easily see the first news, and the 2nd news would prolly be half cutted. But it will generally encourage the user to keep reading if he actually is interested to do so.
And the user will always have the first and most recent (and usually most important news) thrown at him with no effort on his behalf. (yeah, scrolling the mouse wheel is pretty damn tough! :D)

What do you think?

I overall thing your graphic design is awesome, but your template design is terrible. (because its not widescreen supported or user friendly(enough).

Edit: Now when I look at it, my PAINT re-design of your template ain't half bad. Actually kinda liked that shade difference between the header and the news. (which appeared when I cutted out your menu and put it on the side). :p

Last edited:
@Znote

I'm not sure what you mean because templates can fit all resolutions.

Last edited:
How it currently looks you cant even watch the first news properly.

Lemme do a small "emulation": 720p laptops:
4ffd200063d12.jpg

As you can see, the first news is like cutted in half, and you need to scroll down to read it. Along with the other news.
And this is "friendly emulation". I did not consider windows line at bot of screen, or bigass browser headers like Internet Explorer.

Now, lemme show my paint skills and attempt to display a widescreen version.

There is a limit to how much I can modify your current template with MS PAINT. But challenge accepted!
4ffd2066023fa.jpg

I personally think thats pretty awesome, there are ofcourse some tweaks to do like perhaps making the white boxes "Community", "highscores" appear on the side as well or smt.

You would easily see the first news, and the 2nd news would prolly be half cutted. But it will generally encourage the user to keep reading if he actually is interested to do so.
And the user will always have the first and most recent (and usually most important news) thrown at him with no effort on his behalf. (yeah, scrolling the mouse wheel is pretty damn tough! :D)

What do you think?

I overall thing your graphic design is awesome, but your template design is terrible. (because its not widescreen supported or user friendly(enough).

Edit: Now when I look at it, my PAINT re-design of your template ain't half bad. Actually kinda liked that shade difference between the header and the news. (which appeared when I cutted out your menu and put it on the side). :p
Ok, now I get what you're talking about, I'll make some changes and see what it turns like.
But still I don't see whats wrong with scroll a little down/up to check things, I think it would be worse to have to scroll <>, but I'll see which option does people prefer.
And thanks for your constructive criticism :).

Most computer monitors got resolution similar to: 1280x720 or 1920x1080. So making menus appear at the sides is possible without making people scroll <>

Most computer monitors got resolution similar to: 1280x720 or 1920x1080. So making menus appear at the sides is possible without making people scroll <>

Gotcha.

to be quite honest, wide or tall, it looked good either way, maybe change the white buttons as it stands out too much, maybe a dark blue with some bevel effect? But the concept is neat and well organized.

Yeah, but if someone got resolution 800x600 (in older netbooks)? People are accustomed to scroll websites ^v, but <> i don't think so :p

I like it, straight to the point, neat and looks kinda professional "tibia professional" xD nice colour scheme too, not really much to criticise, probably why Znote was picky about the screen reso... ;D

Good Job anyways :D

Yeah, but if someone got resolution 800x600 (in older netbooks)? People are accustomed to scroll websites ^v, but <> i don't think so :p

800x600 is sooooo yesterday really..
I haven't seen such a screen for almost 10 years now.

1280x???? has been a minimum standard for years now.. or at least around Europe and US

1280x???? has been a minimum standard for years now.. or at least around Europe and US

well my laptop haz 1600*900 ... and like thats standard now for me ^^

well my laptop haz 1600*900 ... and like thats standard now for me ^^

Great, but webdesigner must think of everybody :p In my opinion maximum width should be about 785-790 px (right browser slider)

Back