• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

darklord [mapping works]

i just wanted to view your pics once again, but i cant see them :// all gone

4k 🤔

uc

here is the new & biggest map area that I have done in a long time, it took me almost 3 years to complete :)
please enjoy carefully! what monster would you place in here?

map1.png
map001

I would like thanks to the people that still working in the development of the OT utilities & distribution of OT related resources, finally there is a map editor that shows light effects!

Back in to the mapping... I'm having a hard time trying to get motivation to map something, I just don't get it as I used to ….
There are lots of possibilities to combine with the new cool sprites for pirates and the new ancient caves floors and walls, but I just can't 😭

Last edited:
Some obvious choice would be to place some water elementals, but maybe go with some of those monsters from 9.6 update.

here is the new & biggest map area that I have done in a long time, it took me almost 3 years to complete :)

View attachment 80058

I would like thanks to the people that still working in the development of the OT utilities & distribution of OT related resources, finally there is a map editor that shows light effects!

Back in to the mapping... I'm having a hard time trying to get motivation to map something, I just don't get it as I used to ….
There are lots of possibilities to combine with the new cool sprites for pirates and the new ancient caves floors and walls, but I just can't 😭
expand, make it a city.

View attachment 80058

Great

View attachment 80058

That looks amazing!
I understand what you mean about motivation. I get very overwhelmed by the 10s of thousands of sprites. What I'm working on now is just creating different types of roof styles all in one map. Experimenting with pillars, walls, stairs, statues and other weird things no one would think to use as a roof. Since doing that, I've come up with so many ideas that I have to write them down in a notepad. Some days though, I'm in a funk and nothing I do is to my liking. That's when I just scroll through the RAW -Others Pallete and choose 1 sprite that I really like and create a whole theme off of that. Other days, I can't get it together, lol. Be patient with yourself, it takes time to be creative! Especially with this map editor being so unorganized. 🥰

Back