• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Daron's Mapping

Daron

Andora Mapper
Reaction score
I've decided to also post some RME-ingame-screens of my mapping on Otland to have some more replies to it. I'm actually building a Map with James Hetfield, Mycos and Hannes(Eiserne Festung) for our Server.

Here're 3 screens of my historic center of our snow town. (Please do only rate the Buildings, because I did not detail the nature until now)

Depot :
72269664.png

Temple :
83117114.png

Town Entrance :
66029117.png

And here a 3 screenshots of my actual work. It's a Mountain with Stone Golems and Gargoyles in and on it :p

Main-entrance and Side-entrance :
25361034.png

Back view, on top of the mountain :
37913792.png

Submontante Part, with a new Style of "Wall".
93189963.png

Looks good, although in the snow screenshots I really deslike that you're using that wall type, I don't think it fits... But hey, it's just my opinion. ;)

Well I just thought it could be a old ruine town, that was built up a couple of years ago in a jungle and now the climate changed and the ruine was slowly covered with snow. And I'm a Mapper who also takes a lot of care of the colours, that they fit to each other etc. that's why I'm not mapping to colourful and why I do not really like the new sprites. And in my opinion this grey fitted perfectly to the white snow :p

Well I just thought it could be a old ruine town, that was built up a couple of years ago in a jungle and now the climate changed and the ruine was slowly covered with snow. And I'm a Mapper who also takes a lot of care of the colours, that they fit to each other etc. that's why I'm not mapping to colourful and why I do not really like the new sprites. And in my opinion this grey fitted perfectly to the white snow :p

Nice explanation, but I still don't like the wall, I mean, it's a really cool idea, but I deslike it. ^_^

:p

Here's a piece that I've made for a contest. It's only Showoff!
The task was : 4 Elements in 1 piece ("Normal" or Desert, Jungle, Ice/Snow and Fire)
j968oh.png

Can't imagine why you did not chosed to do a desert instead of "normal"?
As the tibian elements is, Fire (lavathingy), Ice(snowthingy), Energy(desertthingy), Earth(junglethingy)...

Well he (contest starter) first said "Normal", Fire, Snow, Jungle.
And I had this piece finished before he changed it to "Normal" or Desert :p

Thanks Beon.

What's mean 'PL style'?
Wanna die? :mad:
Ajajajaja.. Naah, you are one of the few PL's that has a unique, playable and beatiful style... What I meant is that almost every PL messes with borders, places a lot of everything. I love you Sherlok. :wub:

Humm.. I think that's the main difference between a RPG-playable map and a showoff-map and this contest piece is only showoff. I know that it is overdetailed and messed up with borders, but that's exactly what I wanted to map for the showoff, if you understand what I mean :p

The fourth picture in the first post was hard to understand, it wall all over the place. Like people said, some of the mappings are overdetailed, but overall they look nice.

Some of it can be overspammed D: but It's a rather different style :) I like

Yes it can be over spammed, but if you want over detail you rather can't see were you going,
btw: Nice man keep it up:D

Back