• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Database failure... Vocations f**k-up...

Blue Identity

Reaction score
Dear community,

My server had a database failure a week ago. Everyone who was online at that time stayed online and those who tried to login couldn't.

Now the ones that were online (for example we take Paladins) will gain 10 mana each 3 seconds.

But a paladin that wasn't online at the time of the database failure gains 40 mana each 2 seconds.

I changed the vocations.xml a couple of times to see if anything changed with the restart and change of vocations.xml.. but nothing happent.

What to do.. what to do?

++REP

You will more than likely have to execute a SQL Query while all players/server is offline to fix the mana gain issue by class for the players that have incorrect values in the database.

Some said that it was fixed for them after they died ones... is that posible?

Very possible. But to be sure you fixed it, should run a query that will adjust all to correct values. Me personaly, if I make a change to base character stats via xml/lua, then a SQL query needs to be ran also to adjust already made characters to ensure all players stats are the same. Hope that makes sense as I just woke up.

Back