• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Database] Password enconding?

qban

RazorsEdge
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a problem in my database...
I can't see account passwords in my DB. I mean that I see something like "51cf6b9d85773c445b433f3719834bf9e494fa2f" instead of real password (for example lol123). In my old database I was able to read all the passwords correctly, so I think that it's kinf of a bug now...
Can sum1 help me? What should I do to read true password instead of "code", or how can I translate this "code" to normal pass?

Thanks in advice, regards.

This isn't a bug. It's a security feature that protects your clients passwords. For example in the case of a security breach and the whole database is compromised, your players account authentications are all hash values.

If you really need to, you could instead generate the hash to an arbitrary value of your choice and then update a particular entry with your known hash.
HASHCRACK.COM - Reverse Hash Lookup for MD5, SHA1, MySQL, NTLM and Lanman-Password-Hashes

With acc:
$cfg['password_type'] = 'sha1'; change to $cfg['password_type'] = 'plain';

and with ot
config.lua
encryptionType = "sha1" to encryptionType = "plain"

and reset database xd

Hi, I've got a problem in my database...
I can't see account passwords in my DB. I mean that I see something like "51cf6b9d85773c445b433f3719834bf9e494fa2f" instead of real password (for example lol123). In my old database I was able to read all the passwords correctly, so I think that it's kinf of a bug now...
Can sum1 help me? What should I do to read true password instead of "code", or how can I translate this "code" to normal pass?

Thanks in advice, regards.

It's fine as it is.

The actual problem is that you need them in plain text. Find another solution to whatever you are trying to achieve.

its fine
there is no problem , thats will give you more security againest hacking

if you want to decrypt that then you will have to spend alot of time in decrypting and you may fail in almost of the hard passwords

you may reset you server and use plain passwords but thats depends in which distro you are using

Back