• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DayZ gone standalone?

A long time ago. The game is fairly bad at the moment though.

Its in early access, and its pretty bad. Some may even go as far as to say the good old mod is still better.
But im looking forward to try them out once they go out of early access and see if its any good then.
Just hoping they won't get stuck in the early access program like many other games these days...

Pretty pointless to play standalone at the moment I think, I'm waiting for transport to be added and then maybe I'll mess around ingame. Too boring to walk to one spot then get killed.

I ordered DayZ to support them. If you order Alpha access, you get a discount on the final version coming out next year. The lead developer stepping down is not a bad thing. There are many more developers on the team. He just wanted to focus on survival more than the others, and he was probably outnumbered on how to proceed with development.

FYI: We shouldn't call it the "DayZ Standalone" because any game is technically a standalone. We don't say "Battlefield 3 Standalone" - it's just Battlefield 3.

I ordered DayZ to support them. If you order Alpha access, you get a discount on the final version coming out next year. The lead developer stepping down is not a bad thing. There are many more developers on the team. He just wanted to focus on survival more than the others, and he was probably outnumbered on how to proceed with development.

FYI: We shouldn't call it the "DayZ Standalone" because any game is technically a standalone. We don't say "Battlefield 3 Standalone" - it's just Battlefield 3.

I said DayZ Standalone because it was a mod before, Battlefield wasn't a mod afaik. I wanted information on the Standalone version, not the mod

Back