• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DDOS Attack protection

Spaon

Reaction score
I have an OT and someone came and told me make me an admin or I'll atk the OT then I refused then he atked it hes saying that he used DDOS for it and he did this 2 times and in each time the server was getting offline so there is anyway to protect my OT from this kind of attack ? Because I don't like blackmailing in that way and I will never make him an admin Thanks ! :)

First test this. Go to one of your houses in your ot and write aleta sio then you write #%¤/&/(&(%¤&% and Ok. If this crashes your OT it means he uses this method.
I know it sounds patethic but that is a way to crash ots. If it doesnt work then you come back here again.

Theres a few bugs to crash the OTServ.
But if you are sure its DDOS, you could get a program (?) to block incoming attacks, not sure where or how to find this, I just know of it. It bans their IP from your ports I believe.
Or you could get better connection.

@Three Magic : Sry but the problem is called (?) << ? I typed this on google no results and for the above post I don't think its from houses and Thanks for trying to help =)

Spaon. Open CMD, write netstat. Challenge that little fucker to DoS your OT. When he DoS'es it, you will see some strange things in netstat. Try that. If it doesnt happend hes not ddosing or dosing your ot.

@Three Magic : There is nothing free ?! :S
@ DestinationSer : But my server is dedicated so it affects on the hosting not on my internet so this way would show it also ?

The best way to stop a (DOS) and not a (DDOS) which is done by a single person is downloading peer guardian, once you see the dos just block it permanently

@Three Magic : There is nothing free ?! :S
@ DestinationSer : But my server is dedicated so it affects on the hosting not on my internet so this way would show it also ?

Spaon. Is the person online threatning you? Is he ever offline when he crashes it?

the ip is changable to an extent. To change an ip for a game is a bit harder than using say hidemyass to brose the web.

Back