• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Deal more damage with own runes

kamilcioo

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Summer update notes from tibia.com:
In order to make it more attractive to create and use your own runes and ammunition, the efficiency of runes and ammunition which you can buy from NPCs will be reduced with this year's summer update.

runecrafted_avalanche.gif
runecrafted_fireball.gif
Therefore, the damage output of the following NPC runes will be decreased:
Light magic missile, heavy magic missile, fireball, sudden death, stalagmite, icicle, holy missile, great fireball, explosion, avalanche, stone shower and thunderstorm.

runecrafted_intensehealing.gif
ultimatehealing.gif
Furthermore, the healing outcome of intense healing and ultimate healing runes bought from NPCs will be lowered as well.

ammunitioncrafted_sniperarrow_01.gif
ammunitioncrafted_piercingbolt_01.gif
In addition, the following ammunition will also deal less damage if bought from NPCs: arrows, explosive arrows, bolts, power bolts, sniper arrows, piercing bolts, simple arrows.

Please note that those changes only apply to the mentioned runes if they are bought from NPCs. All in all, this means that you will benefit from using player-made runes and ammunition after the release of the summer update.

Furthermore, please note that the final reduction of the efficiency of the afore-mentioned runes and ammunition is not decided yet. We plan to start the test with a decrease of 10% compared to the current state. Depending on the feedback we will receive during the test server phase we might change it.
What do you guys think about it? I'd say "Finally".

What do you guys think about it? I'd say "Finally".

It's plain dumb to stimulate players to make runes, since it's the fucking most boring thing that you can do in Tibia, sit afk while doing nothing waiting for your mana pool to fill up, why the hell I should have an advantage for doing soo? If someone do it because he has some other reasons, like facebook, other games, or something else, ok, but it should be stimulated?

CipSoft want people to bot rune makers farms like in the old days, so player count get higher.

Rich players won't give a fuck, they just spam pots and make runes with their own huge mana/soul pool. Poor players and people that are starting have no option though.

Last edited:
I'm an oldschool player from the 7.4 days, so I think this is good. That's what Tibia truly used to be - a challenging RPG.

Kudos to CipSoft for slowly bringing back the original Tibia. ;)

Who said that poor players should be able to afford expensive runes? logic?

It's a great idea and the rune nerf was probably needed.

It's plain dumb to stimulate players to make runes, since it's the fucking most boring thing that you can do in Tibia, sit afk while doing nothing waiting for your mana pool to fill up, why the hell I should have an advantage for doing soo? If someone do it because he has some other reasons, like facebook, other games, or something else, ok, but it should be stimulated?

CipSoft want people to bot rune makers farms like in the old days, so player count get higher.

Rich players won't give a fuck, they just spam pots and make runes with their own huge mana/soul pool. Poor players and people that are starting have no option though.
In my opinion this update is rather against botters. Botters will just buy runes from shop (10% less dmg = more waste, less %exp/h). Not many botters will even bother to make runes because they can make more gold by simply hunting with bot. Normal players will buy people's runes and have same %exp/h.

Last edited:

"all calm down a bit, simply look at the math....

- a promoted elder druid gets 1 mana every second
- thats 3600 mana/h = 1,8k cash compared to mfs
- that would be 6,8x casting avalanche spell producing 6,8x4 runes = 27,2 runes a 45 gp worth 1224 gp shopprice...
then you need to subtract the cost for food -50gp and 68gp blank runes this gets the botter then runes worth

1224-50-68= 1106 gp

so a botter making runes earns 1,1k gp/h with the system atm in place. If prices rise 25-30 % what would be my guess he would earn 1,4k gp/h ...

i think a level 8 ek at trolls can do that much or more cash so they wont bother with it after they fullfilled their own needs ..."

i don't think they have to reduce the dmg from runes/munitions from npc, they could make an extra on "own creations" but no reduce the normal ones, that sucks really

In my opinion this update is rather against botters. Botters will just buy runes from shop (10% less dmg = more waste, less %exp/h). Not many botters will even bother to make runes because they can make more gold by simply hunting with bot. Normal players will buy people's runes and have same %exp/h.

Your not at all taking in to account that the market exists, botters will also buy runes from people because it's just as easy. They'll even make alternative characters to bot runes for them if it gets to a point where it's necessary, it's not hard to make the script refill from the Depo instead of the shops.
Sure people that manual could buy these runes, but at what cost? A botter makes consistent income, almost continuously, unless you're a decent level you're not going to be bringing in an insane amount everyday, like a botter, which will resort to you having to create your own things or perhaps spending more just to get someone else, making it again, easier for botters.

The update in my eyes was weird, it's most likely to nerf runes without flipping people out to much. What made making runes such a desirable thing in the old days is that it stimulated player interaction, there were a lot less bots, which left a lot more people behind their computers making & selling runes, this is why it was so appealing, it's not "Hard" to make runes & it by no means creates depth or difficulty, it's annoying if anything but it's purely made up for the fact that the world always seemed less empty when other people were around & it was a decent income when a level 20 was able to make high end runes & make okay cash while doing other things or while leveling, instead of the today's "exura" while killing rotworms/trolls *ehem* spam "Rune spell" while botting rotworms/trolls..

Now damage of shop runes and ammunition will be decreased by 20%.
I think shop runes should remain without any changes and buff self-made runes.
I always liked runemaking, so this update is fine for me.

I loved to hunt with my pala while making uhs with my druid. Oldtimes :')

Back