• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dear Xinn, Mark, and the Open-Tibia community

jo3bingham

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
jo3bingham
The other day we made a post targeting Xinn, making accusations against how he was handling Open-Tibia servers on his website otservlist. We accused him of selectively banning The OX Server, and others for personal reasons. We had a lengthy discussion yesterday and realized that the accusations we made were not only false, but immature and unprofessional.

Our server crashed a few times, and, while we were busy fixing the problem, our login server was still reporting our online player count as it was at the time of the crash. We were banned from otservlist for a specific amount of time for reporting a false online count while the server was down. In hindsight, I should have added in a way for the login server to report no players online if the server somehow crashes, but other issues were of a much higher priority. So, I take full responsibility for our login server reporting an inaccurate online count and triggering Xinn's automatic banning system which, therefore, got us banned each time we went down.

Xinn's banning system was not targeting The OX Server specifically. We were being flagged the same way any other server would be. Also, it's Xinn's website. He has every right to not allow an Open-Tibia server from being listed. We were justifiably banned, and this could have all been solved by speaking to Xinn directly like adults.

So, Xinn, on behalf of the OX team, we want to publicly apologize for the accusations that we made. Furthermore, we want to apologize for the threats, and any negative comments toward you. We would never "come at you", or anyone else, in that way. That is an extremely immature and unprofessional thing to say.

Mark, we apologize for bringing you in and making accusations toward you as well. You have kindly given the Open-Tibia community The Forgotten Server and allowed so many people to host and play a game that they so passionately enjoy.

As for the rest of the Open-Tibia community, we are sorry for bringing this unnecessary drama to the community, and spreading false information. The Open-Tibia community is already small enough as it is. We don't need to be dividing what's left of it. Instead we should continue to keep it alive.

We understand that the damage is done, and there is no way to take it back. We just want to say we're sorry for what we have done, and hope that you can forgive us.

Sincerely,
The OX Team

Signed. In addition to the teams apology I would like to extend my personal apologies.
I have no excuse for my behavior and looking back I am disappointed in how I handled myself in the situation.
I'm sorry to all those involved, and those who had to deal with the drama.

Sincerely,
Syntax.

220px-Roflcopter.gif

Finally the WW3 is over. :p Very nice done of you Jo3, Rydan and Syntax (can't tag cuz javascript off). Maybe I should say sorry to Xinn and Mark? I don't know tho if I said something to you Xinn but sorry if I have. And Mark yes, I agree after re-reading what I typed last night was plain stupid one by me. And I really say sorry and I really mean it. (Even if I wasn't invovled in this shit. xd) I hope everything will go smooth again between, otland, OX and otservlist.org

btw Mark it was a good call by you banning me, I really had to calm my tits down. :S

sincerly, Tarek1336 + 1

Finally the WW3 is over. :p Very nice done of you Jo3, Rydan and Syntax (can't tag cuz javascript off). Maybe I should say sorry to Xinn and Mark? I don't know tho if I said something to you Xinn but sorry if I have. And Mark yes, I agree after re-reading what I typed last night was plain stupid one by me. And I really say sorry and I really mean it. (Even if I wasn't invovled in this shit. xd) I hope everything will go smooth again between, otland, OX and otservlist.org

btw Mark it was a good call by you banning me, I really had to calm my tits down. :S

sincerly, Tarek1336 + 1
din hund, jejej no kel

sincerly, Tarek1336 + 1

See you again at sep 21, Mr. Tarke :cool:

sincerly, Tarek1336 + 1

omg they banned u?
tarek 1337 was one my favorite members in this communily i hope they change their mind

Shit! I bought three packs of popcorn just to watch the thread, and it ends? Aff, unfair world.

Back