• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Debian Vps Lagg help

Bloody-War

Reaction score
Hello Dear.

I Have Vps 4 GB Ram Intel Xeon 1 Core (I buyed from OVH). Debian 7

I have almost 80 players online on server smal map war ot.

The problem is my server is hosted in france.

And my cpu usage is 40% of 100% and Memory 400 Mb of 4 GB

I dont know why the players getting so much lagg from different country.

And i also have queation my server is tfs and i get lagg if i convert to OTX i will prevent laggs?

Thanks. please reply soon has possibe.

If you have badly coded scripts the server can start to eat CPU during a certain time, when the scripts are being runned by the server.
Try to disable scripts until the CPU gets stable and low.

Switching to OTX wouldn't make any diffrence.

If you have badly coded scripts the server can start to eat CPU during a certain time, when the scripts are being runned by the server.

If i change and goes to dedicate server to intel core i5 4core + 16 gb ram i will get laggs?

90% of my clients lag in the beginning and after a week of code fixes it turns out it wasnt the vps that was underperforming but rather bad coded scripts so definitly go for all the console error logs and try to optimize your scripts :)

90% of my clients lag in the beginning and after a week of code fixes it turns out it wasnt the vps that was underperforming but rather bad coded scripts so definitly go for all the console error logs and try to optimize your scripts :)

But the console dosent show me any error.. about scripts etc

Last edited:
Well usually it doesnt do that in linux when you just run sh tfs.sh :p You need to read the console error log by using the 'cat' command

Okey thanks i try now! And ny server globalevents autosave every 30 mints and broadcast every 15 mints etc and clean every 1800 sec.

Its possible i get laggs for that? If yea please tell me in how much timr i need to save, clean etc..

Back