• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Decent PC, poor performance.

narko

vertrauenswürdig ~
Solutions
Reaction score
I recently built a new Gaming/Work PC. I am not an expert doing this but I have built PC's in the past. This was a fresh build I mean it wasn't just a simply upgrade. Recently I've been having some issues with performance using it, at first instance I thought that the problem may be caused by the CPU heat but the temperature seems to be normal (30-65 degrees). At the start while running games like League of Legends the FPS were like 500-600 at the start of the game, then it drops to 150-260 while team-fighting which is normal imo, now these days the FPS drops below 100 without reason also sometimes while working I had experienced some slow performance.

Extra Info:
GPU Fans: always working.
Already installed:
- DirectX 11.
- NVIDIA GeForce drivers.
- Motherboard Drivers.

Qs2y-Ec.png

Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS B150 Pro Gaming Aura.
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700 not K.
CPU Cooler: the one that comes with the processor.
GPU: ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4 GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 2x8GB (16GB) DDR4 2133 Mhz
Storage: HyperX Savage SSD 120 GB (OS) + 1 TB HDD
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova NEX750B (750 W)

Any hint will be apreciatte.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
have you tryied cleaning prefetch folder and %temp% folder, checked for driver updates, do you have alot of files/folders on your desktop, are you using alot of visual effects in the background for example a hq desktop backgrond?, there's alot of reasons this could be happening, but imo those are the most common ones that could be worth a try, also if you've tryied overclocking your pc without having experience about it that would also be causing this problem, did you check that your pc is running in high perfermance mode?

Last edited:
I recently built a new Gaming/Work PC. I am not an expert doing this but I have built PC's in the past. This was a fresh build I mean it wasn't just a simply upgrade. Recently I've been having some issues with performance using it, at first instance I thought that the problem may be caused by the CPU heat but the temperature seems to be normal (30-65 degrees). At the start while running games like League of Legends the FPS were like 500-600 at the start of the game, then it drops to 150-260 while team-fighting which is normal imo, now these days the FPS drops below 100 without reason also sometimes while working I had experienced some slow performance.

Extra Info:
Already installed:
- DirectX 11.
- Motherboard Drivers.

Qs2y-Ec.png

Specifications:

Thanks in advance.
nvm, stupid me.

First of all congratulations with your new system. Looks like it's gonna be a beast. ;) I'd have gone with a better than standard cooler but they're probably fine.

I'm not expert at this but from own experience I can tell you the setup of your PC is just as important as your parts. Standard Windows, Bios and router settings are limited by laws of energy saving etc but you can change it yourself to get more out of what you put in. And I'm sure you put in plenty. $

But you have to learn how. You're gonna have to look up the best ways to get your specific hardware and OS to work together properly in the way you want them to.

Find and follow as many trusted optimisation guides you can find, compare them, look up every advice to learn and know what your doing so get as much info as you can. Be neither too eager or lazy not to fuck things up. Always check how every change effects your computer before doing another. Performance will get better later from the seperate changes together. It's never a one-fix-for-all.

It's trial and error so take it day by day.
Prepare for hardware testing to locate weak links or malfunctions, drive cleaning, BIOS setup, a lot of windows setup in both registry and configuration panel. And router improvement if you choose to.

Basically anything you wanna change on your pc to make it work will have to be done on those 3 levels (bios, registry and windows ) before they take effect.

Avoid any over clocking advice and start looking for basic optimisation advise to get your hardware to work well.
Always save your current settings before doing changes incase of error.

And it doesn't end. You should do the process regularly as maintenance to make sure your pc keeps working like u want it too. Windows updates will often undo changes u made in services for example .

Good luck. ;) Be careful. Don't worry. Learn. If you wanna be good it's just as important as playing so spend time on it and stay updated. Even if you got a bad PC you can make it work much better. And as far as FPS gaming goes, in the end it's control of your settings what matters the most.

Sorry for not being specific or giving direct links. But you'll find expert info and advice the more you keep looking into it. Take it easy. Stick to the plan. Start getting informed. Never make blind changes. And keep checking what you do isn't overdue or causes damage.

How long have you been using this personal computer?
1 month.
My friends also had something like that, He did this:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2322807/lags-spikes-full-core-unparking-tutorial.html

But I don't know if it works for you.
I'll check it out mate, ty.

have you tryied cleaning prefetch folder and %temp% folder, checked for driver updates, do you have alot of files/folders on your desktop, are you using alot of visual effects in the background for example a hq desktop backgrond?, there's alot of reasons this could be happening, but imo those are the most common ones that could be worth a try, also if you've tryied overclocking your pc without having experience about it that would also be causing this problem, did you check that your pc is running in high perfermance mode?

The PC is currently running on high performance mode, I will try to delete trash from those folders. I haven't tried to overclock the CPU.

First of all congratulations with your new system. Looks like it's gonna be a beast. ;) I'd have gone with a better than standard cooler but they're probably fine.

I'm not expert at this but from own experience I can tell you the setup of your PC is just as important as your parts. Standard Windows, Bios and router settings are limited by laws of energy saving etc but you can change it yourself to get more out of what you put in. And I'm sure you put in plenty. $

But you have to learn how. You're gonna have to look up the best ways to get your specific hardware and OS to work together properly in the way you want them to.

Find and follow as many trusted optimisation guides you can find, compare them, look up every advice to learn and know what your doing so get as much info as you can. Be neither too eager or lazy not to fuck things up. Always check how every change effects your computer before doing another. Performance will get better later from the seperate changes together. It's never a one-fix-for-all.

It's trial and error so take it day by day.
Prepare for hardware testing to locate weak links or malfunctions, drive cleaning, BIOS setup, a lot of windows setup in both registry and configuration panel. And router improvement if you choose to.

Basically anything you wanna change on your pc to make it work will have to be done on those 3 levels (bios, registry and windows ) before they take effect.

Avoid any over clocking advice and start looking for basic optimisation advise to get your hardware to work well.
Always save your current settings before doing changes incase of error.

And it doesn't end. You should do the process regularly as maintenance to make sure your pc keeps working like u want it too. Windows updates will often undo changes u made in services for example .

Good luck. ;) Be careful. Don't worry. Learn. If you wanna be good it's just as important as playing so spend time on it and stay updated. Even if you got a bad PC you can make it work much better. And as far as FPS gaming goes, in the end it's control of your settings what matters the most.

Sorry for not being specific or giving direct links. But you'll find expert info and advice the more you keep looking into it. Take it easy. Stick to the plan. Start getting informed. Never make blind changes. And keep checking what you do isn't overdue or causes damage.
I've been doing since I noticed that. I have reinstalled Windows like 4 times now, but yeah I will take time to do some of these things, also I'm planning to upgrade it to a Liquid Cooler. Thank you.

1 month.

I'll check it out mate, ty.

The PC is currently running on high performance mode, I will try to delete trash from those folders. I haven't tried to overclock the CPU.

I've been doing since I noticed that. I have reinstalled Windows like 4 times now, but yeah I will take time to do some of these things, also I'm planning to upgrade it to a Liquid Cooler. Thank you.
Got Teamviewer? Please PM me with ID/pw So I can take a look, If you are unsure we can take it over a meeting season.

well a human eye can't see above its said 60 fps but it's different for everyone ofc, but if you are running over 100 fps in teamfights you shouldn't rly feel a drop, just the number is dropping

well a human eye can't see above its said 60 fps but it's different for everyone ofc, but if you are running over 100 fps in teamfights you shouldn't rly feel a drop, just the number is dropping
I still think this is bullshit. That means if you have a video which is 300 FPS you wouldn't see a difference because your eyes will recap it to ~60 FPS. (That's what you are saying.)

But you can definitely see a difference between 300 and 30/60 FPS.

fyi, the human does not see in frames.

Always make sure to do defrags, and things like that often. You could try one of the programs designed to help throw away uneeded files, ect. One of which is PCMatic. Sometimes it helps to go into your browser and delete your history and cookies.

Also, check how much memory you have stored on your hardrive a full hardrive will result in a very slow computer. How many GB of ram do you have open? Check that by going into your control panel>system settings>system.... It should show you the ram you have and how much is use-able.

Always make sure to do defrags, and things like that often. You could try one of the programs designed to help throw away uneeded files, ect. One of which is PCMatic. Sometimes it helps to go into your browser and delete your history and cookies.

Also, check how much memory you have stored on your hardrive a full hardrive will result in a very slow computer. How many GB of ram do you have open? Check that by going into your control panel>system settings>system.... It should show you the ram you have and how much is use-able.
15.8 of 16 GB.

Extra Info:
Already installed:
- DirectX 11.
- Motherboard Drivers.

Qs2y-Ec.png

Specifications:

Thanks in advance.
Maybe you shall do restart or shutdown of pc more offten ? :)

if i leaave my pc running for weeks its starting working hardly and cpu heats up hardly , restarting pc fixing this issue for me atlist .

I still think this is bullshit. That means if you have a video which is 300 FPS you wouldn't see a difference because your eyes will recap it to ~60 FPS. (That's what you are saying.)

But you can definitely see a difference between 300 and 30/60 FPS.

that's not what i said really tho, i guess you missunderstood what i said but one good example is like if you see a helicopter and it looks like the the (propeller?) is standing still it's because your eye can't see that many frames per second, even tho like @Tarek1337 said a human eye doesn't see in Frames, there's still moments that you'll notice that the human eye can't see unlimited frames per second because you brain can't take in that information in such a short time, i don't really know how to explain it but.. whatever, the company "sony" that is making alot of games for different consoles explained it for the students there really well when i was in a school called Playground Squad but whatever...

May I ask why do you guys even discuss eye's capability of seeing more or less fps when the guy asked about his PC issue solution?

On-topic: Try clearing your hdd memory, check processes during those lag spikes.

May I ask why do you guys even discuss eye's capability of seeing more or less fps when the guy asked about his PC issue solution?

On-topic: Try clearing your hdd memory, check processes during those lag spikes.

good question.. :D

@narko What is your current cofiguration on your RAM? Is it dual channel or single? If you don't know download speccy and it should say.

Back