• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedi specifications for hosting 2 servers?

Believer

Aashora.net
Reaction score
Hello otland,

I need to know what specifics can host a real-map server with no lagg becouse i am about to buy a dedicated server.
Also if i want to host another custom map. so these specifics should host 2 servers without any problems.

And i am not so good at what tibia needs for specifics to be hosted lagg free and can handle many players.

Though i got already some specifics from an company.

Which is:

Intel Xeon X3430 - 2.4GHz - 2.5 GT/s HT Speed
12GB of RAM
500GB default HDD
1000mbps port speed
3TB bandwidth
Ubuntu Lucid operating system
8 IPs (5 usable)

And the price on this configuration would be $229.99 monthly.

I need to know what to change on these specifics.. or would these be good enough?

Thanks!

yes it is too much for such server
i would recommend

Core i7 2600 Quad Core Single CPU Quad Core 3.4GHZ FSB 5 GT/s (8MB CACHE) w/HT
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB SATA HDD
5 TB / Month
5 IPs

$148.49 USD Monthly
http://helpdesk.wooservers.com

yes it is too much for such server
i would recommend

8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB SATA HDD
5 TB / Month
5 IPs

$148.49 USD Monthly
http://helpdesk.wooservers.com

Which processor is the best between those?

Intel Xeon X3430 - 2.4GHz - 2.5 GT/s HT Speed
or

Yes, Core i7 2600 Quad Core Single CPU Quad Core 3.4GHZ FSB 5 GT/s (8MB CACHE) w/HT is needed. And you should really try looking around more, you could find cheaper and better specifications.

From my experience dedicated hosting is a war between companies, i have found about 30 interesting dedi companys in my time searching and hundreds of more non interesting where the price circulates from cheapest; 40eur/month up to 250eur/month, trough they don't give the same options and hosting solutions but i've seen that with same parts and operative systems the price changes 20-30 euro so its worth spend 5~ hours searching dedi hosts and talking to companies, talk to them to phone since they usually talks your language or at least speak english and they pay for the call ofc.

This is what you should check for mostly:
*Unexpected money you need to send them in case of that and that..
*That they don't close your acess when x lesser packets has been sent to their network line, some companys even demand you on money if bigger floodings are happening to their line.
*Talk to them, see if they are easy to talk with and that they got good service etc..
*Check the start-time for the company and see if they got some popularity so they aren't a big scam only.

You maybe doesn't think its alot of cash, payin about 50~ euro a month, but writing down your bank account number and give them acess to it for some reason, seems unacceptable, remember there are shitholes everywhere in this business xD

Back