• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicate Server Company?

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im trying to help a friend of mine to find dedicate server company. Since he going to host a real map.

So i wonder which dedicate server company do you recommend?

OVH
Hetzner
Server4You

Thanks in advance!

It depends on what you're willing to pay and where you'd like it hosted.

Red

Well mostly central and also im willing pay maximum 60-70euro. Idk how much a real map require but yeah. Hope you could help :)

A minimum of 4GB RAM should be enough for a real map.

Choose either Hetzner or OVH if you're looking for cheap dedicated servers.

Well, asfar i heard on hetzner they shutdown you server if it gets alot of ddos? Is it true?

Well, asfar i heard on hetzner they shutdown you server if it gets alot of ddos? Is it true?

Yes they will. Their servers are dirt cheap but they will shut you down if you get DDoS'd.

Red

Well, now does it make harder to decide :S

SoftLayer :)

They have a datacenter in Amsterdam now if you prefer to host your server in Europe.

Well, the price range is high for me :/
I asked Talaturen which does shadowcores use and he told me HosTeam.pl and he recommends it.

But its to expensive for me :/

Go, OVH -> Linux Debian -> Set up Don Daniellos Anti-DDOS IP-Tables. Personally experience with them has been great, except my first server which started getting ddos'd and I thought it was them, but it was just me with no IP-Tables set up so it was easy for people to bring down the server. But I just ordered a new server with them, setting up Anti-DDOS with the IP-Tables and I'm sure this time everything should be fine. Last time, I was blaming them for the downtime but it was clearly me. Lulz @ my life.

To be honest, Cyko, any good hosting service with DDoS protection will cost a lot. I've seen some services exceed $3,000 a month...

I recommend you start with Hetzner and decide from then what you need. The Hetzner Online AG: Dedicated Server EX 6 would be optimal for any server, I have actually considered purchasing this exact one. However, from what I have read on the internet, DDoS attacks result in the shutdown of your server for 12 hours or more.

So they shutdown if i get ddosed at hetzner? :S i need one which doesnt shutdown :/

So they shutdown if i get ddosed at hetzner? :S i need one which doesnt shutdown :/

Server4you won't shut you down, but they won't help you either.
Red

Back