• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicate Server Company?

Well, its better than shutdown :S Until, i see if i get alot of player and go over to Hosteam which Talaturen recommended to me :D

So they shutdown if i get ddosed at hetzner? :S i need one which doesnt shutdown :/

Being DDoS'd is basically being shutdown. You won't be able to do anything and you'll end up making 10 threads on OTLand freaking out asking how to fix it, when the only fix is switching to a better host. I suggest speaking with Hetzner and Server4You on their support chat/email and explaining your situation. Or contact Don Daniello and speak with him.

Last edited:

I sent an email to OVH for you concerning DDoS protection. I'll update this post when they respond. They offer free setup and prices starting at 60 EUR a month, which is reasonable.

--- Updated ---

Quoted from the email received from OVH:

As for DDoS protection, OVH protects its own network. This means that we shut down servers that become a liability for the stability and security of the network. You'll usually get suspended a short moment while we ask that you make sure this doesn't happen again. If it does, you might get shut down permanently. The customer is responsible for their own protection. Setting up a proper software firewall is a good start, while hardware firewalls do provide a greater measure of protection, without granting invincibility.

Thank you for trusting OVH, and have a great day.

Last edited:
I sent an email to OVH for you concerning DDoS protection. I'll update this post when they respond. They offer free setup and prices starting at 60 EUR a month, which is reasonable.

Thanks man :p

- - - Updated - - -

--- Updated ---

Quoted from the email received from OVH:

Thanks J. Dre.
I dont like that Dedicate server company suspend the freakin account. Its not like the customers wants to get ddosed.
The funny thing is:
The customer is responsible for their own protection.

They shouldn't then get fcking involved if they let their customers take their own responsible :S

I've been so far on Hetzner OVH and Server4you (not OT related)
however I do not recommend any of them, sure the cost is quite low compared to other hosting companies but therefore security is like zero, neither can you get an upgrade for some extra money each month.

I've been thinking lately that my next server is going to be from 1&1
a few friends of me have servers there and they really like the support and service brought from them.
Another thing which comes along doesn't matter which package you take you get pre installed ip tables they provide you an outside hardware firewall and the traffic caused from attacks on closed ports wont be charged on you.
So you probably pay a bit more a month but you can't compare security from any of those previously mentioned hosting companies with this one.

kind regards, Evil Hero.

I've been so far on Hetzner OVH and Server4you (not OT related)
however I do not recommend any of them, sure the cost is quite low compared to other hosting companies but therefore security is like zero, neither can you get an upgrade for some extra money each month.

I've been thinking lately that my next server is going to be from 1&1
a few friends of me have servers there and they really like the support and service brought from them.
Another thing which comes along doesn't matter which package you take you get pre installed ip tables they provide you an outside hardware firewall and the traffic caused from attacks on closed ports wont be charged on you.
So you probably pay a bit more a month but you can't compare security from any of those previously mentioned hosting companies with this one.

kind regards, Evil Hero.

Thanks for sharing, but the thing is that im not sure that ill recive that many players. So i thougt about buying cheap dedi, when i get alot of players and ddosed. Then i can afford to move :S But the thing is, i need find a cheap and good dedi which can host rl map and the dedi company should not suspend if you get ddosed.

Well, i want to reopen this thread. Still searching for dedicate server.

Question:
Can i buy dedicate server from Ovh? even im from sweden, and which webiste only i know ovh.co.uk ^^
Server4you, they want your id and etc... no time for that.
Hetzner doesnt accept paypal.
Hosteam are great but expensive.

Is there any other companys?

Back