• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Server Help

Stylez

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Im currently looking for a dedicated server, its the first time I will have ran a server from a dedicated host, so with that in mind I am unsure of which company/website to use, I will be running a RL Map with additions so the server will need to be able to support that and approx 150-200 players.

Key Notes:-
My Location: United Kingdom
Server Location: Pref EU but US if better will be fine
Map: RL Map (TFS 0.4)
Client: 8.6
Players: 150-200 MAX
Link to account website with shop etc

Thanks.

I strongly recommend ovh.com since they've got strong DDoS Mitigation, good hardware, pretty good network, nice prices I mean they're not that expensive. However they're hosted in Canada and some other countries in EU.

thanks guys, quick questions for a rl 8.6 map with say on average 100 players, what specs of a server should I be looking for? RAM etc

Min 6 GB RAM but is recommended 8 GB. If you are looking for a cheap hosting then visit soyoustart.com or kimsufi.com they both are from ovh. Or if you are interested in my hosting servicem pm.

Do you have lighttpd / nginx / uniformserver started?
If you don't then you have to start it, the port isen't always opened.

Same with 7171, 7172 TFS is the one who opens them.

im opened all ports in firewall but nothong wont work and when check port online say port is closed

Are you using a router or and a modem?
If you use both, you have to open the ports on both of them.
If you have one you have to open the ports there aswell, opening at windows is not enough.
But if you don't have one of them and run the cable from your Fiber optic port to your computer you do not have to open anything other then the firewall.

Also try to disable the firewall and see if it works, if it does then make exceptions in it to get it working.