• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Dedicated server Hosting

Gregor

Reaction score
Hello!
I want ask is this server will be good for real map 200 people onlne at the same time?
Map: 80mb
Server: TFS

Info:
Processor: Intel Core2Duo 2x 2.66+ GHz 4 MB L2 - FSB 1066 MHz
Architecture: 64 bits
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
Hard disk: 2x 750 GB
Disk type: SATA2 - RAID 0/1
Connection: 100 Mbps
System: Debian or Windows Server 2003 SP2

If you need anymore information just tell me.

The computer seems to be fine but I'd like to see a real test of your connection since 100 mbps don't say much. Try to test it on speedtest.net and see what speed your connection really has.

But first i need to buy the server, but im not gonna buy till know this server can handle up to 200 players

But what you think it can handle if 40mbs upload?

The speedtest doesnt test your server..
It tests your internet speed.

Internet speeds are what you need to know how many people you can have.
Mainly a good Upload speed.

Doesnt matter if you have 8 GB's ram, thats 10% of the lag that happens.

But first i need to buy the server, but im not gonna buy till know this server can handle up to 200 players

But what you think it can handle if 40mbs upload?

It can handle 200 players, don't worry.

And Justin, you're wrong. The owner of 1337 is using 10mbts internet with 1GB Ram computer, he usually have around 200 players with only a little bit lag.

Its a waste, go for a 2GB RAM instead, with 2GB RAM, windows server 2003, you can keep 400 players if you got a stable server without console errors and a decent internet, without any problems.

Also you don't need any faster processor than 2.0ghz, ofc its good with better, but not that neccesary, might save you some money if you could rent a bit cheaper server?

Just make sure to get a stable internet connection. (This not only for players, have a decent connection will prevent DoS attacks/DDoS attacks a little, which comes in very handy).

With 200 players online, you should go for a 3 - 4TB bandwith limit when renting server, with 2TB as I have, will be used up each month if i keep 170 players online 24/7.

Listen to me and Elox.

The other who have replied on this thread, have no idea at all about this. They at first don't have an dedicated server. (which I have), and they are not as experienced hosters with more than 100 players online.

My server:
812-web-server.png

speedtest in my signature.

Last edited:
A computer tech at my work said that internet speed is vital for hosting games and such.
You guys dont know what your talking about lol..
Yes a good CPU helps, but internet is the most important.

But, think what you want.
Im done posting here...

Good Luck Simonel on your server.

r15871.ovh.net-if_eth0-day.png

We have 200+~ people online ;x

Running debian with dualcore AMD cpu, 2gb ram.

As you can see, upload never goes above 8mbit/s...

PS: Most comp "techs" are rather idiots so...

@Znote: From when we measure CPU size in hertz? I thought we only use that for speed measurements :O

Last edited:
I wasnt talking about mbits.
I meant his upload speed...

Im thinkin of kilobytes lol...

and the computer tech isnt an idiot,
im thinkin of the wrong thing lol.

But my whole point is that internet speed is more important than your CPU.
Although the CPU plays an important role.

Single Processor Dual Core 2.0 GHz. Windows.

Dedicated providers usually offer very decent upload/download speed. You might be better off changing for a 10MB/s port to a 100 MB/s port it is only an extra $15/mo for most providers.

500 players online no lag.

10mbit upload, can easly handle 200 players.
I had before 700~ mb ram & 3 mbit upload, I could easly handle 100 players.

Thanks Elox.

@ Justin, I said he had a little bit lag, not lagfree. Are you having trouble with reading stuff? ^.-. I am not a "forum spammer" really, I'm pretty active in the support board, players are posting questions there almost every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
experienced hoster

@up,

You're wrong, Forum spammer.

Not Possible, to have lag free, 200+ ppl...
Especially with those specs you said..

you're wrong :( Ask my old players... I had 380 on with not too much lagg, 250 on goes smooth for the players, but it makes it impossible for me to play with a decent fps.. dont beleive me? test my serv when it comes back on..

and to the one who said that "net is almost everything", you are totally wrong.
To have a tibia character connected to your system takes a few few kb's of your connection.. What you need is cpu that can handle many tasks and 1k+ ram is enough for 300 players if you aint gonna use the computer to other things while hosting...

Those who buy 381383 sick computer for tibia hosting is just silly, ofc if you gonna play CS or something while hosting it will help, but just for hosting, a total waste.

Back
Top Bottom